J1 fear of persecution waiver

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JustFoundThis said:

It has been almost 2 months since my RFE response was delivered at USCIS, but I haven't gotten a response or anything yet. Is there anything I should be worried about? Should I give them a call and ask them for the status or should I wait more? Has anyone else experience this?

Hello 

Let me explain to  you my experience so far

I sent the response for the first rfe and it was showing rfe response review for almost 4 month and then status changed rfe issued and i received texactly he same rfe asking the same information that i submitted already.

I resent the same documents in end november and i have a confirmed delivery date of december 3 by usps and till now my status did not even update to rfe response received(still showing rfe issued).

I called the center they told me wait at least 60 days and it should update.

I cant tell u how much is the frustration that i am living everyday. I asked my lawyer he told me waut few months and check dos website u cant rely on uscis case status update.

Did ur case status changed to rfe response received? If yes then expect answer in the upcoming month or so

If ur case status did not update like mine then u have to check DOS website see if uscis sent them ur documents

Best of luck!

On 1/2/2019 at 8:26 PM, Stillwaiting88 said:

Hello 

Let me explain to  you my experience so far

I sent the response for the first rfe and it was showing rfe response review for almost 4 month and then status changed rfe issued and i received texactly he same rfe asking the same information that i submitted already.

I resent the same documents in end november and i have a confirmed delivery date of december 3 by usps and till now my status did not even update to rfe response received(still showing rfe issued).

I called the center they told me wait at least 60 days and it should update.

I cant tell u how much is the frustration that i am living everyday. I asked my lawyer he told me waut few months and check dos website u cant rely on uscis case status update.

Did ur case status changed to rfe response received? If yes then expect answer in the upcoming month or so

If ur case status did not update like mine then u have to check DOS website see if uscis sent them ur documents

Best of luck!

Also remember the government shutdown is greatly delaying the process

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 12:01 PM, applicant23 said:

Also remember the government shutdown is greatly delaying the process

According to a statement by USCIS, “fee-for-service activities performed by USCIS are not affected by a lapse in annual appropriated funding.”  Filed petitions will continue to move forward despite the government shut-down. At least, one advantage of paying $930 fee. 

Hello, just an update on my case.

Timeline: 

• Case submitted Jan 2018.
  • RFE received Sep 2018.
  • RFE response sent Nov 2018.
  • Nothing since then...

I gave a call to the USCIS as instructed in the RFE letter that if I don't hear back within 60 days after submitted my RFE response I should call them. The person on the phone confirmed that they have received my response and said that I should keep waiting as they are still processing cases from August 2017. He said the estimated current process time of J1 waiver in CA 13.5 to 17.5 months and my case is still in that timeline. Anyone waiting for longer than me? This is my 12th month since I have submitted my case.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 11:42 PM, JustFoundThis said:

Hello, just an update on my case.

Timeline: 

• Case submitted Jan 2018.
  • RFE received Sep 2018.
  • RFE response sent Nov 2018.
  • Nothing since then...

I gave a call to the USCIS as instructed in the RFE letter that if I don't hear back within 60 days after submitted my RFE response I should call them. The person on the phone confirmed that they have received my response and said that I should keep waiting as they are still processing cases from August 2017. He said the estimated current process time of J1 waiver in CA 13.5 to 17.5 months and my case is still in that timeline. Anyone waiting for longer than me? This is my 12th month since I have submitted my case.  

Hey mine took about 15 months

On 2/9/2019 at 8:19 AM, Stillwaiting88 said:

Today My Dos page updated with i612 and i613 received feb 6 and favorable recommendation sent feb 8.

2 days only!! 

Thx god 

I am just waiting for uscis approval and i will be done 

Thank you all for ur support especially @applicant23 

All the best for those still waiting 

Any questions happy to answer

Congrat! ✌️✌️ This is great news.

So how long sid it take from the day rfe was received by uscis till they sent it to dos for advisory opinion.

My RFE response was received by uscis since about 75 days. Still no change. But all i could donis to confirm it was received by uscis.

6 hours ago, Waivermed said:

Congrat! ✌️✌️ This is great news.

So how long sid it take from the day rfe was received by uscis till they sent it to dos for advisory opinion.

My RFE response was received by uscis since about 75 days. Still no change. But all i could donis to confirm it was received by uscis.

When i sent the 1rst rfe after 3.5 month i got the same rfe again and then I responded and after 66 days got case on hold

On 2/9/2019 at 6:19 AM, Stillwaiting88 said:

Today My Dos page updated with i612 and i613 received feb 6 and favorable recommendation sent feb 8.

2 days only!! 

Thx god 

Congratulations @Stillwaiting88 !!

Hi all, 

So happy to share that my DOS status changed as will. DOS has sent a favorable recommendation to the USCIS. Any idea how long will it take for the USCIS to send me their final decision? 
Best of luck to every and thank you for the support. It has been such a long journey. Any question, happy to answer. 

10 hours ago, JustFoundThis said:

Hi all, 

So happy to share that my DOS status changed as will. DOS has sent a favorable recommendation to the USCIS. Any idea how long will it take for the USCIS to send me their final decision? 
Best of luck to every and thank you for the support. It has been such a long journey. Any question, happy to answer. 

Congratulation too!!

Happy to hear u are also done with this

As far as final recommendation it can take from few days up to a month or so

My wife took her  3 weeks and one of my friends 1 week 

Mine still showing case on hold 

Will let u know if any news

11 hours ago, JustFoundThis said:

Hi all, 

Great news congratulations!

Could you please, and of course without revealing  any personal information, share what kind of additional evidence you provided? Did they ask for anything specific or was it the regular RFE template they send everyone. Thanks.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:19 AM, Stillwaiting88 said:

2 days only!! 

Thx god 

That's amazing! Very happy for you! I got USCIS approval 6 days later after DOS approved mine and a week later in the mail. Your case should be closed before February is over. Sigh of relief and go celebrate!!!

Edited by applicant23
On 2/19/2019 at 9:13 PM, Waivermed said:

Does any one here have a case pending, submitted prior to 06/13/2017? Mine is still pending. Waiting still for uscis to respond to my rfe that i submitted on 11/28/18

I know several people they filled their application around April and May, still no news. They were not even asked for RFE. When did they ask for RFE? 

On 2/10/2019 at 8:56 PM, JustFoundThis said:

Hi all, 

Congrats! what is your timeline? Could you please share it? I have been waiting for 6 months and still nothing.