J1 fear of persecution waiver

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/8/2018 at 1:43 PM, hello_hello_world said:

Hi all,

If it will be any help to someone, here is my timeline and status.

I applied on persecution basis.

December 11, 2017:  I-612 received by USCIS
September 4,  2018:  RFE received by me
September 6, 2018:  RFE and documents received by USCIS

I called yesterday because, on the RFE, it says "call us if you don't hear back in 60 days" and they said it is still processing.

I also created an account on USCIS page using my receipt number but they even didn't update the page to reflect that they requested an RFE. The lady on the phone told that updating the USCIS page may be late sometimes.

I think I forgot to check the status from DoS page also and just focused on USCIS page. Anyway, I got a favorable recommendation from DoS.

Here is the additional timeline:

October 25, 2018: I-612 and I-613 received by DoS
November 9, 2018: Favorable recommendation by DoS

I guess we still need to wait for USCIS final recommendation but it is most likely "favorable" as well after DoS.

I hope you all get yours soon.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:29 AM, applicant23 said:

What in the world? I swear this is so unnecessarily difficult. Let's hope that this is a request for a document page or something. Let us know

I am not sure where to start

Today i received my RFE

Guys guess what??? !!!

Same RFE that i received few month ago it is even the  same mistakes that i mentioned in my previous rfe 

Totally the same not even one word different except the date issued

I am resubmitting the same documents again 

This is a torture!

On 11/19/2018 at 1:54 PM, hello_hello_world said:

I think I forgot to check the status from DoS page also and just focused on USCIS page. Anyway, I got a favorable recommendation from DoS.

Here is the additional timeline:

October 25, 2018: I-612 and I-613 received by DoS
November 9, 2018: Favorable recommendation by DoS

I guess we still need to wait for USCIS final recommendation but it is most likely "favorable" as well after DoS.

I hope you all get yours soon.

Here is a new item in my status:

November 20, 2018: I received a copy of DoS recommendation by mail. I attached the document in case it helps.

DoS.png

On 11/19/2018 at 9:50 PM, Stillwaiting88 said:

I am not sure where to start

Today i received my RFE

Guys guess what??? !!!

Same RFE that i received few month ago it is even the  same mistakes that i mentioned in my previous rfe 

Totally the same not even one word different except the date issued

I am resubmitting the same documents again 

This is a torture!

Any chance this was sent as a mistake? Perhaps you should call and clarify. Agree though, this is insane

On 11/19/2018 at 10:53 AM, j1_persecution said:

Here is my timeline for your reference:

09/15/2017: DS-3035 and fee received by DOS

03/01/2018: I-612 received by USCIS

10/29/2018: I-612 received buy DOS

11/15/2018: DOS issues Favorable Recommendation

Still waiting for final USCIS approval.

You never had to send an RFE? Seems like you lucked out. Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I received an RFE in October. Hired an attorney and worked on the RFE response and sent them back earlier this month. The due date for the RFE response was Nov 25th. The RFE response was sent in a certified mail which shows it was received by the USCIS. However, there is no updates on the USCIS website, not even anything about the RFE that they sent me. Is there anything I should be worried about? 

14 hours ago, JustFoundThis said:

Hi, I received an RFE in October. Hired an attorney and worked on the RFE response and sent them back earlier this month. The due date for the RFE response was Nov 25th. The RFE response was sent in a certified mail which shows it was received by the USCIS. However, there is no updates on the USCIS website, not even anything about the RFE that they sent me. Is there anything I should be worried about? 

Mine didn't appear on USCIS also. 

They sent RFE, got my response back, asked DoS for second opinion, received DoS recommendation. But their webpage still shows no update. I assume they don't update frequently.

On 12/1/2018 at 2:24 PM, hello_hello_world said:

Mine didn't appear on USCIS also. 

They sent RFE, got my response back, asked DoS for second opinion, received DoS recommendation. But their webpage still shows no update. I assume they don't update frequently.

Thanks so much for the reply. How much time did it take for them to let you know after you sent them the RFE response?

5 hours ago, applicant23 said:

Update on my case: on November 28 USCIS asked for second opinion, it said on my account. So my case is on hold. I know it is different for everyone, some hear back in less than a week, some wait for months for DOS decision. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Anyone have any news on their case?

Thats good news so u are 1 step close to approval. Best of luck 

Thay just received today my response to the second and same Rfe😪

Wish me luck!

On 12/3/2018 at 1:54 AM, JustFoundThis said:

Thanks so much for the reply. How much time did it take for them to let you know after you sent them the RFE response?

Here is my full timeline:

December 11, 2017:  I-612 received by USCIS
September 4,  2018:  RFE received by me
September 6, 2018:  RFE response and additional documents received by USCIS
October 25, 2018: I-612 and I-613 received by DoS (sent by USCIS)
November 9, 2018: Favorable recommendation issued by DoS
November 20, 2018: I received a copy of DoS recommendation

Edited by hello_hello_world
Some wording clarified
On 8/30/2018 at 10:02 AM, carewaiver said:

I just checked my case status, DoS received the documents on August 23 and favorable recommendation has been sent on August 29. That's a record right , less than week 🙂 

On 12/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, Stillwaiting88 said:

Thats good news so u are 1 step close to approval. Best of luck 

Thay just received today my response to the second and same Rfe😪

Wish me luck!

State Department received my documents on December 03 from USCIS and approved it on December 06, so yesterday! Took them 3 days to approve. But to be fair, they received DS-3035 (alongside other documents) on September 06, 2017, so 15 months ago! Hopefully, this arduous journey is over and I can feel freer now!

State Department received my documents on December 03 from USCIS and approved it on December 06. So I am considering this as a success. I still have to hear back the final decision from USCIS. Also, I did not work with a lawyer, but I did have a one-hour consultation with an immigration lawyer. I can give his information if anyone needs it. His consultation was really helpful for me to work on my own.

Timeline:

September 6, 2017 - DOS received my DS-3035 (and other documents)

September 28, 2017 - USCIS received my I-612

July 17, 2018 - RFE issued by USCIS

October 02, 2018 - RFE evidence sent to USCIS by me

December 03, 2018 - DOS received documents from USCIS

December 06, 2018 - DOS sends a favorable recommendation

Now I am waiting for the final results

On 12/5/2018 at 2:11 AM, hello_hello_world said:

Thank you. According to your timeline I am still couple months behind where your application is right now. I filled in Feb 2018. Received an RFE in October. Submitted response in November. Still waiting... even the online status of my application on uscis and dos hasn’t been changed. But I guess they don’t always update the online status on time.

On 12/5/2018 at 5:11 AM, hello_hello_world said:

Here is my full timeline:

Hey everyone. I got the final approval from USCIS. Just wanted to let you know. This forum helped me a lot for not stressing out and keeping the timeline. I hope you all get your approvals soon. Now will start another process in my life: H1B.

So here is the final entry to my timeline:

December 9, 2018: I received USCIS approval.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:51 AM, applicant23 said:

State Department received my documents on December 03 from USCIS and approved it on December 06. So I am considering this as a success. I still have to hear back the final decision from USCIS. Also, I did not work with a lawyer, but I did have a one-hour consultation with an immigration lawyer. I can give his information if anyone needs it. His consultation was really helpful for me to work on my own.

Timeline:

September 6, 2017 - DOS received my DS-3035 (and other documents)

September 28, 2017 - USCIS received my I-612

July 17, 2018 - RFE issued by USCIS

October 02, 2018 - RFE evidence sent to USCIS by me

December 03, 2018 - DOS received documents from USCIS

December 06, 2018 - DOS sends a favorable recommendation

Now I am waiting for the final results

Hi @applicant23- How long you had to wait after sending your RFE response to the USCIS to hear back from them confirming that they have received your RFE response?

1 hour ago, applicant23 said:

I sent out my RFE documents on Thursday September 25, 2018 and got notification that USCIS received it on Tuesday October 2nd, 2018

Congratulation!! Happy to hear u are  finally done with the waiver.

I sent my rfe response end november was delivered December 3 by usps but still uscis website did not update that they received it. Should i be worried?! 

Last time it updated the next day this time it is been a week since received and no update still showing rfe sent.

20 hours ago, Stillwaiting88 said:

I sent my rfe response end november was delivered December 3 by usps but still uscis website did not update that they received it. Should i be worried?! 

Last time it updated the next day this time it is been a week since received and no update still showing rfe sent.

Hey @Stillwaiting88 ! firstly, thank you.

regarding the receipt of your rfe, I honestly would wait until mid-week or late this week to definitely give a call to uscis, if they dont update till then. 

On 12/9/2018 at 2:49 PM, Stillwaiting88 said:

Hey any news?

5 hours ago, applicant23 said:

Hey any news?

Thank you for asking!

No news still the status not updated.i called them they told.me it is not showing in their system but if i have a confirmed delivery by usps  it could be that they are reviewing it and they did not update the system yet 

Told me to wait 60 days  and keep checking the website.

To be honest i am sick of this.

My time line for now:

06/13/17 uscis california received i612 application

06/28/17 dos received ds3035, ds2019,passport,fee, statement of reason, g28

02/08/18 uscis forwarded case to dos for second opinion

06/08/18 i612/613 received by DOS

09/06/18 uscis reopens case and request RFE

11/29/18 uscis teceived my RFE

now pending RFE processing