All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karn89

RFE for Specialty Occupation

No updates yet - still in process of replying RFE. 

Documents we may submit -

All transcripts, 

Expert Opinion,

Educational Evaluation,

Job description with details, 

Experience Letters,

IT Certificates

etc. 

Should have reply filed by end of the month - hopefully. Thanks. 

@venkatramrm@gmail.com - I am in same boat and had received RFE for Transfer today under specialty occupation. Kindly share the document template so that it will be helpful for me to post response. 

Kindly help on this to provide RFE response. 

14 hours ago, rohitthh said:

@venkatramrm@gmail.com@Sureshkumar46 @Karn89

Hi Guys,

I got the denial for the "specialty occupation". I am planning to file a motion. Can you guys please provide me with some sample docs. Thanks in Advance. 

Thanks,

Rohith

Hi Rohith,

Sorry to hear about your case. May i know what all documents you submitted? if possible, email me your contact number to discuss further.

You can't file anything. The employer would have to file it. Are you saying that the employer doesn't know how? The employer should consult with an immigration lawyer.

I was in the same situation. Got RFE on specialty occupation and other details. I have Mech Engineering degree with 13+ years of IT experience. Wage level2 working on EC model; After submitting response to my RFE, my case got approved. 

For RFE,  my attorney submitted Client letters, Academic evaluation, PO, Technical evaluation

Edited by kmnr

On 12/20/2017 at 6:41 PM, rohitthh said:

Hi Guys,

I got the denial for the "specialty occupation". I am planning to file a motion. Can you guys please provide me with some sample docs. Thanks in Advance. 

Thanks,

Rohith

HI Rohith, 

Sorry to hear the news, i am also in same boat my Specialty occupation case got denied on the 20th Dec, and now i see what can i do further to appeal or file a motion? Please let me know.

We can share info and help our case,l

Thanks,

Shravan.

Hi,

Same happened with my case too. RFE on Specialty occupation got denied on 11th Dec. Please let me know how you would like to proceed further. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

On 12/4/2017 at 4:34 PM, m.k.selvakumar said:

@venkatramrm@gmail.com  @Sureshkumar46 @Karn89 Could you please share the document template for the specialty occupation rfe?

I have a similar RFE too, could you please email the documents to deeptireddyl@gmail.com.

@Sureshkumar46,@Karn89 do you have any update on your cases. I have done my bachelors and masters in mechanical engineering, received H1B RFE regarding the specilaity occupation. Could you please forward me the sample documents you have responded for RFE

On 10/8/2017 at 4:56 PM, venkatramrm@gmail.com said:

@Sureshkumar46 @Karn89 : I got similar RFE in June & replied and successfully got approved.

Reach me for those documents samples.

Hi, My H1B extension is denied based on specialty occupation. My email is mankala.shashank@gmail.com. Can you please send me the document samples? I would like to talk to you

Hey Guys, Just wanted to share similar case of a person I know. She got Masters degree in computer science. Got internship in a big US bank and then offered a full time position with level 4 pay (this was an transfer / extension from already approved petition from another employer). Applied for 15-1121.00 - Computer Systems Analysts she got RFE in December, her employer responded with

1. Three expert letters (one from a professor, one from VP from another similar/same industry, one from technical consultant). 
  2. Attached her detailed job description with % of time spent on each task.   
  3. Copied references to 3 job postings from other similar industries stating that position needs minimum bachelors degree.  

Her i-129 was denied stating her proffered position is not specialty occupation and given job duties are too vague and not detailed even after providing all the evidence and supporting documents. Her I-94 has expired so she is leaving this week. Her employer is filing for another position in the company while she is in her home country. Their project is on hold because she is their lead and can't work, This is absolute madness. 

Thanks 

On 1/21/2018 at 9:01 PM, mshashank said:

Hi, My H1B extension is denied based on specialty occupation. Can you please send me the document samples? I would like to talk to you

There is a group in Facebook,

Search with "RFE discussions" 

Join there ... Folks might help 

Also it has info about sample documents.

On 10/8/2017 at 4:56 PM, venkatramrm@gmail.com said:

@Sureshkumar46 @Karn89 : I got similar RFE in June & replied and successfully got approved.

Reach me for those documents samples.

I am on same boat. I did my Mater of Sciences in computer science in india and has 10 years of experience and got this RFE for first time since 5 years. 

Please share the sample documents with me.

Thanks,

Raghu

Hello Guys,

I got the same RFE. Can anyone share any sample documents?

How to get this requirement fulfilled?

• Letters from an industry-related professional association indicating that they have made a bachelor's degree or higher in a specific specialty a requirement for entry into the field.

Thanks,

Nish

Hello Friends,

My H1B got denied after the 2nd RFE on the basis of specialty occupation. Although I hold a engineering degree in computer science.

Presently I am planning for a motion within a week . Requesting anyone please help me with the template documents.

Thank you in advance.

Chinmay.

On 12/20/2017 at 6:41 PM, rohitthh said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Rohith

Hi,

I have received an RFE  on the basis of specialty occupation. My employer is compiling the documents. Can you guys please share the sample documents you guys used? Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Amar

On 2/27/2018 at 1:03 PM, Balaji Mariappan said:

Hi,

One week back I received an RFE, asking for "Speciality Occupation" documents. Can anyone help me on this? 

Please send me sample docs

Kindly help me on this!!!

The employer or his lawyer have to handle that. They should know how to answer the RFE. You have to stay out of this. Any involvement by the beneficiary is likely to result in a denial.

If the employer doesn't have a lawyer, they should consult with one.