All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karn89

RFE for Specialty Occupation

Hello all,

My attorney received an RFE for Specialty Occupation on 25th September for CAP 2018. Is anybody in the same boat? Is there anyone who has responded to this RFE and has already received approval / denial for this?

Edited by Karn89

@Sureshkumar46

Hi Suresh,

My attorney said that I need to prove that my work is directly related to my field of study. I have to mention the detailed job description along with the % of time spent on each job responsibility and relevance of that job duty with a particular course in academics.  I would also need to provide the job listings from the other companies where they require the same degree for the position on which I am currently working.

May I ask if your second RFE is for Specialty Occupation? Or was that your first RFE? Can you please tell me what are your RFEs about?

Thank in advance.

Edited by Karn89

On 10/6/2017 at 1:58 PM, Karn89 said:

@Sureshkumar46

Hi Suresh,

My attorney said that I need to prove that my work is directly related to my field of study. I have to mention the detailed job description along with the % of time spent on each job responsibility and relevance of that job duty with a particular course in academics.  I would also need to provide the job listings from the other companies where they require the same degree for the position on which I am currently working.

May I ask if your second RFE is for Specialty Occupation? Or was that your first RFE? Can you please tell me what are your RFEs about?

Thank in advance.

@Sureshkumar46 @Karn89 : I got similar RFE in June & replied and successfully got approved.

Reach me for those documents samples.

Edited by venkatramrm@gmail.com
Edit

On 10/7/2017 at 0:28 AM, Karn89 said:

@Sureshkumar46

Hi Suresh,

Thank in advance.

Hi Karn,

I still have no idea what my second RFE is about. My attorney is yet to receive the package as it takes 10 days to reach them. I shall update once i get to know about it. My first RFE was about employee-employer relationship, timesheets, payslips, compensation statements and also the specialty occupation where i had detailed them about my job duties and its percentage split up. May i have your contact details to discuss about this further?

On 11/1/2017 at 2:23 PM, buzzme123 said:

Is your RFE got approved?

Not yet! My attorney submitted the response last week. USCIS portal changed to 'response received' on 2nd Nov. Should hear something by 20 Nov, as it has been sent for premium processing.

I got the same RFE on H1 Amendment PP. My degree is Mechanical Engineering. Attorney asked me to write up detailed explanation of duties which according to USCIS were too "generic" and didn't provide "specifics". Also in one RFE they are asking about education and job relation and on top of that saying these job duties don't seem to be speciality so why would they need bachelor's degree. You see, this job shouldn't require bachelor's degree but if it did you still don't have right bachelor's degree. How do you respond to something like that. This is my 7th year on H1 by the way. Never had this kind of query. Attorney is asking me to get an expert opinion but even that's mentioned in the query that "we may not accept third party opinion.... and it goes on to say we may if it's a dean or something" 

Any info is appreciated. 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, venkatramrm@gmail.com said:

@Sureshkumar46 @Karn89 : I got similar RFE in June & replied and successfully got approved.

Suresh, I received the RFE on 11/2/2017 regarding Specialty occupation and Beneficiary Qualification. Could you please email me the sample documents at gurvinder223@gmail.com. I-140 Approved in 2011. I applied for Transfer extension. I received this RFE 1st times in 12 years. Please help me. what are the chances for approval?

I received the RFE on 11/2/2017 regarding Specialty occupation and Beneficiary Qualification. Could you please email me the sample documents at gurvinder223@gmail.com. I-140 Approved in 2011. I applied for Transfer extension. I received this RFE 1st times in 12 years. Please help me. what are the chances for approval?

On 10/8/2017 at 4:56 PM, venkatramrm@gmail.com said:

Hi Venkat

I have received the same query can you please forward me all sample details you have responded for the RFE

Thanks

Babu

I didn't get the second RFE, I got one RFE only.

I don't have any documents , my employer gave all the necessary documents.

Original job advertisement showing bachelors degree requirement as minimum requirement to enter to the position, job postings from other employers  showing bachelors degree requirement, detail job description, transcripts and resumes for any one in the same position, prior hiring history.

Your employer should be able to collect this documents.

Edited by pachi tamilan

On 11/7/2017 at 10:39 PM, Maddy192 said:

I got the same RFE on H1 Amendment PP. My degree is Mechanical Engineering. Attorney asked me to write up detailed explanation of duties which according to USCIS were too "generic" and didn't provide "specifics". Also in one RFE they are asking about education and job relation and on top of that saying these job duties don't seem to be speciality so why would they need bachelor's degree. You see, this job shouldn't require bachelor's degree but if it did you still don't have right bachelor's degree. How do you respond to something like that. This is my 7th year on H1 by the way. Never had this kind of query. Attorney is asking me to get an expert opinion but even that's mentioned in the query that "we may not accept third party opinion.... and it goes on to say we may if it's a dean or something" 

Any info is appreciated. 

Any update on your case??

Hi Guys

Can you please help me out  I am in a similar situation. Did you reply to rfe ? If it is approved or not ?

Thanks

Babu