H4 Stamping with a different receipt number on it

h1b_seeker69

Hello Everyone,

My spouse did attend her H4 Visa stamping in India and she did receive her passport but with the H1B Extension Receipt number on it.

My question is ,

I have a valid approved I797 notice for my Amendment which was filed in Jan 2017 and valid until April 2019, the receipt number is EACXXXXXXXXX and my H1B extension which was approved with dates on it from October 2016 to April 2019 with EACYYYYYYYYY as receipt number on it.

But now after her H4 Stamping we noticed that we have older receipt number on the visa page rather than having the Amendment's receipt number on it.

Can anyone please let us know which one is correct to have on the visa page, also if we need to go back to consulate to get this fixed with the Amendment's receipt number on it.

thank you so much 

On 10/4/2017 at 0:48 PM, h1b_seeker69 said:

Hello Everyone,

My spouse did attend her H4 Visa stamping in India and she did receive her passport but with the H1B Extension Receipt number on it.

My question is ,

I have a valid approved I797 notice for my Amendment which was filed in Jan 2017 and valid until April 2019, the receipt number is EACXXXXXXXXX and my H1B extension which was approved with dates on it from October 2016 to April 2019 with EACYYYYYYYYY as receipt number on it.

But now after her H4 Stamping we noticed that we have older receipt number on the visa page rather than having the Amendment's receipt number on it.

Can anyone please let us know which one is correct to have on the visa page, also if we need to go back to consulate to get this fixed with the Amendment's receipt number on it.

thank you so much 

Not needed. She is good.

Archived