STEM OPT Extension Denial - First 12 months OPT expired 3 months back || STATUS SEVIS Q. Very Urgent !!

hello999

Hi,

My First OPT expired more than 3 months back. i have applied for OPT STEM Extension 5 months back from now then i got RFE then responded to RFE in August through attorney and my case is still in process. if my case gets denied, what are my options. i heard there is 60 days grace period for sevis but would 60 days period starts from First OPT expired date or from the date of STEM extension denial date? can i able to apply for masters in any university and get new i-20 and new sevis number and then go to nearest mexico border and get i-94?  my previous F1 Visa stamping is still valid for next 1 years ( got 5 years F1 stamping in 2013) but not sure whether this stamping is valid with new sevis & i-20 to get new i-94 when i cross border and come back?  or should i need to go get new F1 visa stamping with new i-20 and new sevis?  if anyone knows about SEVIS and status please let me know. Thanks.

17 hours ago, vikky789 said:

Hi,

My First OPT expired more than 3 months back. i have applied for OPT STEM Extension 5 months back from now then i got RFE then responded to RFE in August through attorney and my case is still in process. if my case gets denied, what are my options. i heard there is 60 days grace period for sevis but would 60 days period starts from First OPT expired date or from the date of STEM extension denial date? can i able to apply for masters in any university and get new i-20 and new sevis number and then go to nearest mexico border and get i-94?  my previous F1 Visa stamping is still valid for next 1 years ( got 5 years F1 stamping in 2013) but not sure whether this stamping is valid with new sevis & i-20 to get new i-94 when i cross border and come back?  or should i need to go get new F1 visa stamping with new i-20 and new sevis?  if anyone knows about SEVIS and status please let me know. Thanks.

From the date of denial. No need of renewing I-94 or visa. You should have got a D/S I-94.

4 hours ago, shekar11# said:

From the date of denial. No need of renewing I-94 or visa. You should have got a D/S I-94.

No. My DSO said my sevis will be complete if my stem extension is denied. my first OPT expired 100 days back already and stem extension case is still in process. he said i have following options in case if my stem extension is denied

1. Enroll in University without CPT for 9 months for reinstatement of sevis.

2. Take new i-20 and leave US and get Visa Stamp with new i-20 and come back to US and work on CPT from day 1. 

i am currently working and i really want to keep my job but if i go out of country and attend for visa stamping interview then chances of getting visa is not guaranteed so it is highly risk. shall i stay in usa and enroll in university and wait 9 months for reinstatement of sevis

Archived