H1B Stamping!! Arrested for Traffic Voilation

syiru

Hello,

Need your help and suggestions!!

I failed to attend the court as the court summons went to my previous address. Was stopped by cops and they told me i have an arrest warrant issued. My friend came in 7 mins of time after i got arrested and i was released. I was neither put in jail nor stayed in prison but cops took me to the PS. As soon as i knew the situation, i went to the court and i paid fine and rest of the charges was discharged.

Charges:

Hit and Run-Dismissed/Not Guilty

Failure to report an minor accident-Dismissed/Not Guilty

Failed to show Registration-Paid Fine

Tinted Glasses-Paid Fine

Update the state registration-Paid Fine

Note: I have the Court Papers saying that the case is dismissed.

Need: While filling out the DS-160, Do i need to fill the question 'Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or NO
other similar action?- as YES. 

Probability: If i go to H1B stamping, should i mention the interviewer about this or should i stay calm until asked. And will i get the 221g for this? If eligiblefor Drop box, should i include every supporting document of court papers? Please share your thoughts. As these are all traffic violations should i still be prepared for the worst.

Your thoughts are really appreciated!!! Thanks in Advance

Thank you Gopal for the quick response. I have fewer questions regarding the same.

1. Should i be able to mention in DS 160 that the arrest was fr Traffic violation? Will i have the privilege to mention the reason or is it mentioned at Stamping time?

2. If i carry all the documents such as Police report, Case report, and the Court dispositions of the tickets (Disposed and Paid fine), is there any chance of VO asking them so that i can give them at the same moment or will they directly give the  221G?

3. Should i carry any more documents as i went to court and asked for and they said dispositions are good enough to  carry for the immigration.

4. The documents i have with me are (a) Court Bail Receipt (b) Receipts i paid for the ticket (c) Refund of the money from the bail (d) Court Dispositions.

Do you reckon it is a major case situation? Please share your thoughts!!

Thanks in Advance!!

1. You should mention what it is. Please get out of mindset that there will be privilege in your case. Every case has same importance no privileges and no partiality.

2. Just carry all the documents and VO may ask or maynot ask no one can predict VOs mindset. 

3. I donot have much knowledge about documents in such cases. 

4. I donot know.

Do you reckon it is a major case situation? Please share your thoughts!! - Be prepared for 221G. Thats all I can say.

All the best...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I do not think it is a major situation (TBH i don't know). The reason for the arrest was not responding to Court  for the tickets which i was totally unaware of and the moment i came to know about this (After cops took me to the station-Duration in PS was only 15 mins hardly) i re-scheduled a court room date and pleaded guilty for two tickets ( Leaving the scene of evidence and Not showing the Registration) Hit and Run and rest all were dismissed and case was dropped. All the tickets went to my previous address as i did not changed my address back then. Due to this, cops stopped me and they gave a chance of paying by liquid cash or cheque which i was not carrying them with myself at that fraction of moment.  I am wondering how long will this be in track of USCIS.  Even the court does not say that i have done the accident and that is why the tickets were dropped. Anyhow past is past. Please share your thoughts of carrying the types of papers.

How long it will take to clear a 221G if i get it.

Thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...