I94 Expired, got RFE for H1 Transfer. Options now?

Sivakba

Hi 

My i 94 expired on 05/30/2017. My extension was filed in March in premiumbut the packet was returned since the amount on filing fee check was wrong. USCIS returned my packet to wrong address(to a company with similar name in DC).We got to know about that in July when washington DC company send my packet to my employer. 

After waiting for my extension receipt for two months, In may my employer filed a transfer petition from A (which I was working then) to Company B(which is subsidiary of A). I got receipt for that petition on 05/30 which is the same day my i 94 was expiring. Yesterday USCIS sent RFE for my transfer petition(Don't know the reason yet). 

1. Now my question is what would be my options if something goes wrong and my transfer gets rejected? 

2. While my RFE submission is in progress if I can find another job with a different employer can they file a H1b for me? 

Please share your ideas on this. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2017 at 2:32 PM, Sivakba said:

Hi 

My i 94 expired on 05/30/2017. My extension was filed in March in premiumbut the packet was returned since the amount on filing fee check was wrong. USCIS returned my packet to wrong address(to a company with similar name in DC).We got to know about that in July when washington DC company send my packet to my employer. 

After waiting for my extension receipt for two months, In may my employer filed a transfer petition from A (which I was working then) to Company B(which is subsidiary of A). I got receipt for that petition on 05/30 which is the same day my i 94 was expiring. Yesterday USCIS sent RFE for my transfer petition(Don't know the reason yet). 

1. Now my question is what would be my options if something goes wrong and my transfer gets rejected? 

2. While my RFE submission is in progress if I can find another job with a different employer can they file a H1b for me? 

Please share your ideas on this. 

Thanks

Any update on your case?

Archived