EB2 filing with same employer after finishing masters degree

awaitinggc

My current situation is that I have 3 years bachelors from India. I have total of 13 years of experience with various company till now (8 years of experience in US). I am working for my current employer for last 3.5 years now. They have filed my perm application in EB3 category stating that even though the job description says Bachelors + 5 years of experience or Masters, since I have 3 year of bachelors from India, they need to use 5 years of my total experience prior to joining my employer for education equivalency to US bachelors degree. I have I-140 approved from them in EB3 category.

Now my situation is going to change little bit because my employer is relocating us to a different location which is in different state. They mentioned that they would have to restart my perm process. I have finished my Master in Computer Information System 1 years back now. So my question is

1. Can my employer now file in EB2 category for the same position that required Bachelors + 5 years experience or Masters?

2. Is there a limitation that Masters degree needs to be completed before joining the employer even though the job for PERM is for future position?

3. Is there anyway to file in EB2 category or is EB3 only option that my employer can file in?

I am looking for our smart folks to help out here who has experience or dealt with similar situation. I am looking for options for file in EB2 category. Thanks in advance.

Archived