Level 1 wages RFE

deepd

Hi All,

I applied for h1 extension ( from Nebraska center) on 17th july and got RFE on 10th Sept. It is regarding "level 1 wages" RFE.

Anyone has experienced with this type of RFE?  What response should be sent in order to get h1 approval ?

Anyone has successfully got approval after replying to this RFE ?

The RFE letter has following details :-

On the LCA, you have designated the position of software developer as a Level I wage (the lowest of four assignable wage levels). The “Prevailing Wage Determination Policy Guidance” issued by theDepartment of Labor provides a description ofthe wage levels. A Level I wage is defined as:
Level I (entry) wage rates are assigned to job offers for beginning level employees who have
only a basic understanding of the occupation. These employees perform routine tasks that
require limited. if any? exercise of judgment. The tasks provide experience and familiarization
with the employer’s methods, practices. and programs. The employees may perform higher
level work for training and developmental purposes. These employees work under close
supervision and receive specific instructions on required tasks and results expected. Their work
is closely monitored and reviewed for accuracy. Statements that the job offer is for a research
fellow, a worker in training, or an intemshjp are indicators that a Level I wage should be
considered.

By designating the proffered position at a Level I wage, you indicate that the it is an entry-level
position of a comparatively low level relative to other positions within the occupation.

----

You may submit additional evidence to satisfy this requirement. Evidence may include, but is not
limited to, a combination of the following or similar types of evidence:

• A letter explaining how the Level I wage designation LCA that you have provided corresponds to the proffered position.
  • Documentation to support. that the Level I wage designation on the LCA corresponds to the proffered position.

Archived