H1B Cancelled without prejudice

Karthickimmi

Hi,

I got my H1B visa and it is valid till 2019 and I travelled to US with the same employer. For the same employer I got transferred to Canada. From Canada, I applied for a Visitor Visa (B1/B2).

I got my B1/B2 visa but the existing H1B visa got stamped with "Cancelled without Prejudice". 

My queries:

1. Why did my Valid H1B got cancelled?

2. Can I get back my H1B ? If so what is the procedure?

3. My petition for H1B is valid till 2019. Can I use the same petition for the same employer to reapply for H1B? If so, will it be a cap exemption or again I have to go through 60000 cap?

Please advise me in this case. I want to get my H1B back.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Raghu0418 said:

When you get another visa as B1,The previous one will be terminated.You cant hold both visas at the same time.

You can reiniatate the H1-B,Its very strange when you have proper work permit why you applied B1/B2 visa which not to work in United States.

Actually, not quite true. It is no problem to have multiple visas. You can only use one of the visas to enter, and you can only have one status.

They often cancel visas if a person gets a different visa, but shouldn't really do that. I used to have both a valid B1/B2 visa and an H1 visa in my passport.

CWOP means that nothing has been wrong with the visa, and it is easy to get a new visa.

Archived