H1B STAMPING AND DUI

ccs

Hi Everyone,

I'm new this group.

I've finished my Master from reputed university in USA, Computer Science, 2012. And then I was working on OPT and working on H1b from 2015.

I have a DUI in 2014, finished all the courses and court formalities - my case was dismissed and expunged.

I attended my H1b interview on July 31st, Hyderabad location. Voluntarily I mentioned my DUI to the Visa officer and added in DS 160 as well. I've given the court clearance, police and attorney docs same day to the interviewer and I received 221g for medical tests (DUI) by panel physician.

Finished the necessary medical tests on Aug 1st and my reports were submitted by the panel physician on Aug 10th.

Till today my case status was last updated on 31st Jul.

Could you pls suggest how long it takes for my status. It is almost 6th week we submitted my reports to the consulate? My client is waiting for me till today and they didn't allow me remote work. With no update from USCIS not sure how to convince my client in future?

Kindly need your suggestions.

Thank you

On 9/18/2017 at 5:00 AM, hk28 said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new this group.

I've finished my Master from reputed university in USA, Computer Science, 2012. And then I was working on OPT and working on H1b from 2015.

I have a DUI in 2014, finished all the courses and court formalities - my case was dismissed and expunged.

I attended my H1b interview on July 31st, Hyderabad location. Voluntarily I mentioned my DUI to the Visa officer and added in DS 160 as well. I've given the court clearance, police and attorney docs same day to the interviewer and I received 221g for medical tests (DUI) by panel physician.

Finished the necessary medical tests on Aug 1st and my reports were submitted by the panel physician on Aug 10th.

Till today my case status was last updated on 31st Jul.

Could you pls suggest how long it takes for my status. It is almost 6th week we submitted my reports to the consulate? My client is waiting for me till today and they didn't allow me remote work. With no update from USCIS not sure how to convince my client in future?

Kindly need your suggestions.

Thank you

You can call them after 60 days, but need to wait until then.

Hi Everyone,

Still my case was last updated on July 31st. I'm not sure what's happening with my status - I've submitted all the docs on Interview day and 've sent my medical reports too on Aug 10th.  

Anyone on the same situation? Pls help me.

Thank you

Harish

• 3 weeks later...

Did you finally get it ? I got mine done in 5 days. 

Sad to see why people do not post the result after the interview. 

I will post mine. 

DUI in 2011 Left india 1 week after incident and had filled the form and marked No to arrest question. 

Stamping 1 - Employer A Officer was surprised why I marked No then he realized I submitted the application before the DUI. Sent for Panel in Mumbai to Lilavati Hospital - Asked to submit passport in 5 working days, got visa stamped. 

Stamping 2 - Employer B New employer hence interview in mumbai, officer asked about DUI I reminded him I already did the Panel. He went behind and told me to do the medical again I asked why he said first was not done properly. This time it was done at Rele Clinic and it was actually much intense than the Lilavati one and also included going to a Physo and they took 12 photos from me. 

Stamping 3 - Employer B Same Employer - Dropbox eligible - Marked question as Yes - Wrote medical done - No issues - Stamp received. 

Stamping 4 - Employer C Pending now. Will be dropping off the passport soon and this time its same Dropbox but change in Employer. I will post results when I get. 

I want to start posting this as I see people do not post after interview and leave others hanging in the dark.  I understand how painful the waiting is. DUI is a bad thing, do not drink and drive. It will haunt you for the rest of your Non immigrant life. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2017 at 2:31 PM, ccs said:

Hi Everyone,

Still my case was last updated on July 31st. I'm not sure what's happening with my status - I've submitted all the docs on Interview day and 've sent my medical reports too on Aug 10th.  

Anyone on the same situation? Pls help me.

Thank you

Harish

@ccs

did you get your stamp? Please post your case update so that it can help others.

• 3 months later...

Archived