Questions regarding H4 EAD hearing

spooorthi

Hi,

I am currently doing my Masters and have completed two semesters. I have 2 more semesters to go. Currently, I am on H4 visa and I have my EAD approved. My concern is about the EAD hearing that is going on. 

1. With all the uncertainty with possibility of EAD being revoked, is it wise to apply for COS to F1?

2. If I try for a COS to F1, would my H4 EAD (approved till 2019) still be valid if I have to return to H4 status at a later point in time?

3. Will there be any negative effect during stamping for F1 as I have completed half of my studies on H4 and also possess EAD?

4. If my husband changes his employer, the I-140 would have to be re-applied. Would the earlier approved H4 EAD be still valid?

Appreciate any help regarding this issue. 

On 9/18/2017 at 3:13 AM, spooorthi said:

Hi,

I am currently doing my Masters and have completed two semesters. I have 2 more semesters to go. Currently, I am on H4 visa and I have my EAD approved. My concern is about the EAD hearing that is going on. 

1. With all the uncertainty with possibility of EAD being revoked, is it wise to apply for COS to F1?

2. If I try for a COS to F1, would my H4 EAD (approved till 2019) still be valid if I have to return to H4 status at a later point in time?

3. Will there be any negative effect during stamping for F1 as I have completed half of my studies on H4 and also possess EAD?

4. If my husband changes his employer, the I-140 would have to be re-applied. Would the earlier approved H4 EAD be still valid?

Appreciate any help regarding this issue. 

1. You can wait and decide.

2. No, you need to do it all over again.

3. No issues if it is a good university.

4. Nope. But the earlier I-140 would be valid.

Archived