H4 stamping

mparmar

Hello,

I had extension under previous employer from 2/28/2017 to 2/28/2020. My wife's h4 was also extended for same period. I changed to new employer and my new h1b was approved from 4/1/2017 to 2/28/2020 but my wife's h4 petition  was not filed by my new employer. We are planning to go to India in December and have to go for stamping, will there be any issues for my wife's stamping as her petition was not filed by my new employer even though she petition is approved till 2/28/2020 under my old employer. Your response will be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

There is NO entity called a H4 petition. H4 is a status based on your valid H1 status with any employer. There is no issue involved here. You can both go and get the appropriate stamp and return.

So there is no need for my new employer to file I539 and we can do stamping with existing I539 with the old employer?

• 7 months later...
On 9/17/2017 at 7:57 PM, mparmar said:

So there is no need for my new employer to file I539 and we can do stamping with existing I539 with the old employer?

@mparmar did you guys get your stamping done ? If so, what was the annotation & receipt number on your dependent's (H4) visa ? Is it based on the H1B extension received from previous employer or the approved petition from new employer ?

Archived