All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asha78

B2 visa seeking residency

Hi, I am a widow came for a visit to USA on B1/2 visa, I have two USA citizen kids. Earlier I was on H4 status and now I am looking for change of status so that I can work and support my kids. I would like to know if there would be any special cases applied to me to change the status as I got two USA citizen kids. Please give me suggestions.

-Asha 

The fact that your children were born here will not help you at present. Discuss all the facts with a lawyer. Do you have family here? Was there ever an Immigration petition filed?

On 9/14/2017 at 9:00 PM, asha78 said:

Hi, I am a widow came for a visit to USA on B1/2 visa, I have two USA citizen kids. Earlier I was on H4 status and now I am looking for change of status so that I can work and support my kids. I would like to know if there would be any special cases applied to me to change the status as I got two USA citizen kids. Please give me suggestions.

-Asha 

you cant do anything though your kids are US citizens. But there is one way you can change your status for now. try changing you status from B1/B2 to F1. you will need to enroll as a student. 

3 hours ago, Raja AA said:

you cant do anything though your kids are US citizens. But there is one way you can change your status for now. try changing you status from B1/B2 to F1. you will need to enroll as a student. 

A person can't just "enroll as student." The applications at universities take quite some time. Also, tuition for F1 is quite a lot. Further, an F1 is for studying, but the OP looked for a way to work.