B2 visa seeking residency

asha78

Hi, I am a widow came for a visit to USA on B1/2 visa, I have two USA citizen kids. Earlier I was on H4 status and now I am looking for change of status so that I can work and support my kids. I would like to know if there would be any special cases applied to me to change the status as I got two USA citizen kids. Please give me suggestions.

-Asha 

On 9/14/2017 at 9:00 PM, asha78 said:

Hi, I am a widow came for a visit to USA on B1/2 visa, I have two USA citizen kids. Earlier I was on H4 status and now I am looking for change of status so that I can work and support my kids. I would like to know if there would be any special cases applied to me to change the status as I got two USA citizen kids. Please give me suggestions.

-Asha 

you cant do anything though your kids are US citizens. But there is one way you can change your status for now. try changing you status from B1/B2 to F1. you will need to enroll as a student. 

3 hours ago, Raja AA said:

you cant do anything though your kids are US citizens. But there is one way you can change your status for now. try changing you status from B1/B2 to F1. you will need to enroll as a student. 

A person can't just "enroll as student." The applications at universities take quite some time. Also, tuition for F1 is quite a lot. Further, an F1 is for studying, but the OP looked for a way to work.

Archived