H4 EAD Renewal

Dhamu

Hi,

I am applying for my H4 EAD renewal which is going to expire in November 2017, as my old indian passport had the expiration date at the same time. My I 94 was also issued till November 2017. (we have applied for extension of I 94 / H4 Visa, which is in pending status)

My husband has his I 140 approved & current H1B from company A, the company A was bought by company B around 6 months ago, they have applied for I 140 again with the new company B , which is in Pending status and its not more then 6 month.

I want to apply for Renewal of my H4 EAD, I have couple of questions:

1) Can i apply for EAD renewal, based on approved I 140 from Company A?

2) Will I have to wait for my new I94 / H4 Extension to be approved before applying for H4 EAD renewal ?

3) Will USCIS wait for my I94 application to be approved first or can they make the decision without approved H4 Extension or I 94 ?

4) Do we need to submit any cover letter with my application for H4 EAD ?

Thank you for all any help

Regards,

Dhamu

On 9/14/2017 at 10:24 AM, Dhamu said:

Hi,

I am applying for my H4 EAD renewal which is going to expire in November 2017, as my old indian passport had the expiration date at the same time. My I 94 was also issued till November 2017. (we have applied for extension of I 94 / H4 Visa, which is in pending status)

My husband has his I 140 approved & current H1B from company A, the company A was bought by company B around 6 months ago, they have applied for I 140 again with the new company B , which is in Pending status and its not more then 6 month.

I want to apply for Renewal of my H4 EAD, I have couple of questions:

1) Can i apply for EAD renewal, based on approved I 140 from Company A?

2) Will I have to wait for my new I94 / H4 Extension to be approved before applying for H4 EAD renewal ?

3) Will USCIS wait for my I94 application to be approved first or can they make the decision without approved H4 Extension or I 94 ?

4) Do we need to submit any cover letter with my application for H4 EAD ?

Thank you for all any help

Regards,

Dhamu

1. Yes.

2. Better to wait. Even if you file now, it will not be processed until the H-4 is approved.

3. They will wait.

4. Not needed.

Archived