what is situation after H1b cap-gag?

faraz8367

Hi my name is Faraz,

I am a graduate of NPU (which lost accredited due to ACICS ie I am not eligible for STEM-OPT).My OPTperiod was from June 20, 2016, to June 19, 2017. I got my h1b picked in April 2017 and with that, I applied for H1b cap gap which gave me an extension up to Sept 30, 2017.I later got an RFE from USCIS in August 2017, which my employer replied and we are waiting for the result.

As Sept 30 is closing in, 

1)What would be my situation on Oct 1st? Will my SEVIS be active ?if yes, till when? 

2) Will I be getting a 60 day grace period starting from Oct 1st

3) can I transfer my SEVIS on Oct 1st onwards?

4) when will my SEVIS expire?

5) and what happens if my H-1B is denied after applying for the Cap-Gap Extension?

• 2 weeks later...

I have applied two H1B's this year, because my college lost the accreditation in Dec 2016. One in Masters Quta and other in general Quota, both the H1B's are picked up and is there any rejestions on Masters Quta application ??

I'm working with Employer A and he is submitted the reply for RFE (Masters Quto), but the other Employer B is not able to Submit the reply for RFE and he wants to withdraw the application (General Quta)?

Can you please suggest me which Employer i need to choose?

What is the time i have to change the Employers ?

I need to Join the new school because my OPT ends on Sep 30 ?

Can i work on Pending H1 ?

Can i transfer my sevis while H1 is Pending ?

Joining a new school is not possible in a short time frame, unless it is another fraud school...

Real universities have application deadlines, and the deadlines for Fall are long over. It takes several months to get admission to a real university.

Also, the Master's quota requires that the degree is from an accredited, public or non-profit private university. Most of the institutions previously accredited with ACICS are for-profit institutions. And even the few non-profits, like NPU, are very shady. For example, there are reports that NPU officials inflated the grades.

Can you please answer these previous questions I had asked from the first post of this thread. they are as follows

1)What would be my situation on Oct 1st? Will my SEVIS be active ?if yes, till when? 

2) Will I be getting a 60 day grace period starting from Oct 1st

3) can I transfer my SEVIS on Oct 1st onwards?

4) when will my SEVIS expire?

5) and what happens if my H-1B is denied after applying for the Cap-Gap Extension?

Archived