Travel to India on H4 while H1 Case is pending

rans

HI,

I am in USA on H4 Visa, I filed a H1B petition and my application got picked and got an RFE. Now, I need to go to India on 27th of September for some personal emergency and will be back in November. If my H1b petition gets approved when I am in India, should I go to Visa Interview there or Can I come back on my H4 status and file a COS(How much does this cost)?

If my Visa gets approved after I come back, Should I again go back to some other Country for Stamping or Can I start working immediately?

Thanks,

Ranjith

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2017 at 8:56 PM, rans said:

HI,

I am in USA on H4 Visa, I filed a H1B petition and my application got picked and got an RFE. Now, I need to go to India on 27th of September for some personal emergency and will be back in November. If my H1b petition gets approved when I am in India, should I go to Visa Interview there or Can I come back on my H4 status and file a COS(How much does this cost)?

If my Visa gets approved after I come back, Should I again go back to some other Country for Stamping or Can I start working immediately?

Thanks,

Ranjith

You can come back and apply for COS.

You can ask your employer what is the best option.

Archived