H1 Drop Box and H4 In Person Interview

Sudhi123

Hello,

I am currently on H1 and i am going to India on Nov. In Nov i need to get stamping for my new H1 Visa and i did get Selected for Drop Box.

So i cannot schedule H1 and H4 interview together. I called consulate and they said to schedule for my Wife H4 seperately and advised me to take the drop box route.

Now my question is:

1) When i filled my DS 160 i gave my status as married and my marriage is on Nov. I submitted the DS160 on Sept 10th. Now can i go and drop the documents before my actual marriage ?

2) If i drop my documents before my marriage i will not have my marriage certificate with me . is this fine ? I know H4 needs to have mariage certificate i am not sure if H1 also needs to drop that off .

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 4:57 PM, Sudhi123 said:

Hello,

I am currently on H1 and i am going to India on Nov. In Nov i need to get stamping for my new H1 Visa and i did get Selected for Drop Box.

So i cannot schedule H1 and H4 interview together. I called consulate and they said to schedule for my Wife H4 seperately and advised me to take the drop box route.

Now my question is:

1) When i filled my DS 160 i gave my status as married and my marriage is on Nov. I submitted the DS160 on Sept 10th. Now can i go and drop the documents before my actual marriage ?

2) If i drop my documents before my marriage i will not have my marriage certificate with me . is this fine ? I know H4 needs to have mariage certificate i am not sure if H1 also needs to drop that off .

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

H-4 needs marriage certificate. You are fine.

Archived