L1A to H4 EAD

mohan.july

Hi,

My L1A 7-year limit is coming to an end by May 2018, roughly in another 6 months. My Employer does not want to apply for Green Card. So the only option for me is to apply for H4 EAD as my spouse has approved H1B and I-140.

1. Once the conversion from L1A to H4 EAD is approved, can i still continue to work for the same Employer without informing the Employer. Will there be any USCIS violation if i do that.

2. My Spouse is in travel job and every month he goes for 1 week travel outside US and come back. Can he travel like this after i submitted my H4 COS & EAD applications with USCIS as we need to provide I-94 details along with the application.

Please help.

On 9/11/2017 at 9:18 AM, JoeF said:

The employer would have to lay you off at the end of the L1 period. To continue working with the employer, you would have to fill out a new I-9 and provide the details of your work authorization, i.e., the H4 EAD.

Thanks for the reply.

Can I continue to with the employer until the end of the L1 period with the approved H4 EAD without informing the employer that i did COS from L1A to H4 EAD?. Is it mandatory that i must inform employer when i do COS even though both are working Visa?. For example, current L1A period ends by March 31, 2018. Let's assume that the H4 & EAD applications get approved by Dec 31st 2017. Can I continue to work until March 31st 2018 with the same employer without informing him.

Could you please answer for my 2nd question in the original post as well?

On 9/12/2017 at 7:31 AM, mohan.july said:

Thanks for the reply.

Can I continue to with the employer until the end of the L1 period with the approved H4 EAD without informing the employer that i did COS from L1A to H4 EAD?. Is it mandatory that i must inform employer when i do COS even though both are working Visa?. For example, current L1A period ends by March 31, 2018. Let's assume that the H4 & EAD applications get approved by Dec 31st 2017. Can I continue to work until March 31st 2018 with the same employer without informing him.

Could you please answer for my 2nd question in the original post as well?

Could someone answer for my second question please 

• 2 weeks later...

Could you Please answer to the below question-

My Spouse (who has H1B with i40 approved) is in travel job and every month he travels outside US and come back. Can he travel like this while my H4 COS & EAD applications are pending with USCIS, as we need to provide I-94 details of both of us along with the applications.”

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Gopiv255 said:

so once you have used all 7 years of L1,is it not a rule that you need to be outside US for 1 year before you start working again on EAD? 

No, the rule is that once a person has used all the time on H1 or L1, the person can not get another H1 or L1 without having been abroad for a year.

H4 and L2 are decoupled from that. And the H4 EAD is tied to the H4 only.

Archived