can we work on a pending H4 EAD application?

Karthik428

Hi, I am on H1b and my wife is on H4. Currently my wife is working at a client with her H4 EAD, as I have an approved I140. Our H1,H4 and H4 EAD are expiring on Sep 30, 2017. We have applied for all the three extensions in May and we don't have an update after USCIS received it.

I came to know that we can't continue working with a pending H4 EAD application after current EAD is expired. Is that true? If yes, then please let me know if there is a way to acquire any letter or some supporting document from USCIS or government to allow my wife to work. Really appreciate your inputs and I don't want to lose her job because of this flaw in the system.

I couldn't do premium processing on my H1B as it was taken off temporarily by president Trump.

11 hours ago, Karthik428 said:

Hi, I am on H1b and my wife is on H4. Currently my wife is working at a client with her H4 EAD, as I have an approved I140. Our H1,H4 and H4 EAD are expiring on Sep 30, 2017. We have applied for all the three extensions in May and we don't have an update after USCIS received it.

I came to know that we can't continue working with a pending H4 EAD application after current EAD is expired. Is that true? If yes, then please let me know if there is a way to acquire any letter or some supporting document from USCIS or government to allow my wife to work. Really appreciate your inputs and I don't want to lose her job because of this flaw in the system.

I couldn't do premium processing on my H1B as it was taken off temporarily by president Trump.

She needs to stop working the day her current EAD expires. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do, but wait for the physical EAD card to arrive once the application is approved. You might get it before September 30th. Just be hopeful.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:54 AM, shekar11# said:

She needs to stop working the day her current EAD expires. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do, but wait for the physical EAD card to arrive once the application is approved. You might get it before September 30th. Just be hopeful.

Thanks for the reply Shekar. I hope so too :)

Archived