H4 Visa stamping without approval notice appearing alone for the Visa Interview

cher

Me and my spouse got our new H1B and H4 visa (2015 lottery) stamped till 2016 September.

I transferred my H1B to a consultant in July 2016. Both the H1/H4 transfer was done in premium and got H1/H4 approved till June 2017.

I then decided to join the client side and transferred my H1B/H4 to them. H1 was done in premium, is approved till July 2020 and I got the I-797A Approval Notice. 

However, the H4 visa is not approved yet and we just have the Receipt Notice-I797C (1539 , APPLICATION TO EXTEND/CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS)

My spouse had to make a must-go trip to India and she is in India currently. She is planning to go for stamping in 2 weeks. 

Following are the questions that I have

1. Is it a problem to go for stamping as she does not have an I797A (Approval Notice for the 1539 , APPLICATION TO EXTEND/CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS). She is going for the Visa Interview alone.
  2. Does she need to carry the original I-797A for the H1B when she go for the Visa Interview.

Thanks in advance

-cher

20 hours ago, cher said:

Me and my spouse got our new H1B and H4 visa (2015 lottery) stamped till 2016 September.

I transferred my H1B to a consultant in July 2016. Both the H1/H4 transfer was done in premium and got H1/H4 approved till June 2017.

I then decided to join the client side and transferred my H1B/H4 to them. H1 was done in premium, is approved till July 2020 and I got the I-797A Approval Notice. 

However, the H4 visa is not approved yet and we just have the Receipt Notice-I797C (1539 , APPLICATION TO EXTEND/CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS)

My spouse had to make a must-go trip to India and she is in India currently. She is planning to go for stamping in 2 weeks. 

Following are the questions that I have

1. Is it a problem to go for stamping as she does not have an I797A (Approval Notice for the 1539 , APPLICATION TO EXTEND/CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS). She is going for the Visa Interview alone.
  2. Does she need to carry the original I-797A for the H1B when she go for the Visa Interview.

Thanks in advance

-cher

1. No problem.

2. Copy is enough.

Archived