H4 Dependants - Sons/Daughters into college admission - Help needed

venkysc

Hello All

I am currently H1 with PD November 2010. My Son is currently in Sr high school and we are attempting to submit the applications to the different colleges. As we are not eligible for FAFSA and In state tuition fees, Please provide your valuable guidance to move forward. Do we get any scholarships? Please help.

On 9/5/2017 at 8:55 PM, venkysc said:

Hello All

I am currently H1 with PD November 2010. My Son is currently in Sr high school and we are attempting to submit the applications to the different colleges. As we are not eligible for FAFSA and In state tuition fees, Please provide your valuable guidance to move forward. Do we get any scholarships? Please help.

Are you seriously looking for help?? Have you ever heard of hr392?

18 hours ago, JoeF said:

A bill in Congress is irrelevant, until and unless it becomes a law. That bill you mention doesn't seem to have come out of committee: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/392

I know everything about that bill. I am curious whether OP is aware of this bill or not?

On 9/5/2017 at 8:55 PM, venkysc said:

Hello All

If you're from India then you will never get your GC in this lifetime. HR 392 is the only solution, are you ready to participate in making this bill into a law? Ball is in your court.

29 minutes ago, Neda said:

I know everything about that bill. I am curious whether OP is aware of this bill or not?

If you're from India then you will never get your GC in this lifetime. HR 392 is the only solution, are you ready to participate in making this bill into a law? Ball is in your court.

That bill is unlikely to ever make it out of committee. Focus on realistic things, not some dead-on-arrival stuff. Does IV again try amateurish lobbying?

7 hours ago, JoeF said:

That bill is unlikely to ever make it out of committee. Focus on realistic things, not some dead-on-arrival stuff. Does IV again try amateurish lobbying?

I am trying to spread awareness. Either you encourage them or just simply ignore them. When greedy and corrupt org are against US Citizen's interests obviously every bill that helps USC is dead on arrival.

3 hours ago, Neda said:

I am trying to spread awareness. Either you encourage them or just simply ignore them. When greedy and corrupt org are against US Citizen's interests obviously every bill that helps USC is dead on arrival.

You can spread awareness, it won't make a difference. Not with Republicans having the majority in both House and Senate, and with Trump in the WH.

Being realistic is a virtue.

Save your energy for the next administration (or, you could have spread awareness about comprehensive immigration reform way back when it was on the table; we wouldn't have to deal with the current antis in the administration if CIR had passed under Obama.)

The Trump years are lost years.

Going back to the OP's question:

In which state are you?

I do know that if you and your kid have lived in CA or TX for at least a year, the kid on H4 can get instate tuition for public universities in the state you live in. Until age 21, when the H4 for children ends.

This also applies to a bunch of other states, but I haven't looked up the laws for other states.

11 hours ago, JoeF said:

You can spread awareness, it won't make a difference. Not with Republicans having the majority in both House and Senate, and with Trump in the WH.

Being realistic is a virtue.

Save your energy for the next administration (or, you could have spread awareness about comprehensive immigration reform way back when it was on the table; we wouldn't have to deal with the current antis in the administration if CIR had passed under Obama.)

The Trump years are lost years.

I don't want to get into an argument here, but did Obama helped legal immigrants during his term? No. Moreover why CIR was not passed when Dems where leading both the houses? 

Trump years may be lost years but Obama's was the same, no difference. That's bcos you always mix law breakers with law abiding immigrants and US society doesn't like law breakers, hence the law makers are scared to pass any immigration bill (One of main reasons for Eric Cantor lose is his support to CIR).

11 hours ago, Neda said:

OP, your child may be eligible for instate but what about his/her status after they turn 21?  Please think about your child's future, do not go by anti-immigrants rants.

Since you are against a CIR, it is obviously you who is the anti-immigrant you refer to in your post.

And bad form to boot, with hijacking a thread.

The OP doesn't need some pie-in-the-sky bill that won't become law in the next 4 years, the OP needs advice now.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:32 PM, JoeF said:

Since you are against a CIR, it is obviously you who is the anti-immigrant you refer to in your post.

And bad form to boot, with hijacking a thread.

The OP doesn't need some pie-in-the-sky bill that won't become law in the next 4 years, the OP needs advice now.

I think OP understood my advice. That's all I need. OP needs a permanent fix not a hot fix.

It's obvious that you're still living in your own world, please read my earlier comments. I have never seen a single post from you or from this firm supporting legal immigration reform which helps to clear GC wait-time. That clearly shows who is the anti-immigrant here. 

On 9/15/2017 at 4:27 PM, JoeF said:

Your words make clear beyond a doubt that you are an anti-inmigrant.

The CIR would have helped legal immigration. You just didn't want it because it also helped the Undocumented. That's one of the definitions of anti-immigrant.

I have simple Q for you. Do you support the Dream Act in its current form?

4 hours ago, Neda said:

I have simple Q for you. Do you support the Dream Act in its current form?

There currently is no Dream Act legislation in Congress. The legislation from years back was good, but if you knew anything about how the US Congress works, you'd know that all legislation that didn't become law in the Congress session it was introduced is gone.

Knowing how Congress works helps...

Archived