Applying Visa for old parent at Chennai consulate

Sonia Dutta

Hello,

I plan to apply for my mother (who is 78 year old) at the Chennai Consulate. As she is very old, I am planning for the 6 hour trip to Chennai taking her. Can I please know the following:

a.  Once the DS-160 is filled and submitted, will I be given option to choose the date and time to visit the VAC center? Also how about the date and time for the interview at the consulate?

b. Can the visit to VAC and the interview to the consulate be scheduled for the same date (say morning and afternoon)?

c. I read that I cannot accompany her for the interview. Where will I be dropping her? At the gate or can I go with her to the waiting room (if there is one) and then she can go alone for the interview?

Thanks for any help on this.

Sonia

• 2 weeks later...

After completion of the Form-DS 160 online, you must pay the consular fees. After the fee is activated (usually in about 3-6 hours from the time of payment), one can login to ustraveldocs.com website to view the available visa interview date(s). B2 visa applicants cannot schedule the appointments at Visa Application Center and Consulate on the same day. Only if you have obtained a written permission from the respective consulate by writing to them sufficiently ahead of the visa interview, you will be allowed to accompany the applicant.

All the best with your mother's visa application!

Archived