H1 to H4 COS and H4-EAD

maverick69

I have recently changed my status from H1 to H4. On both my applications I-539 and I-765 I have requested my start date of H4 would begin on 01-Aug-2017 and ending my H1 status by 31-July-2017. I have received my I-797 approval for H4 and H4-EAD Card last week. However, they have an effective date from 18-Aug-2017. I have also verified when was my previous H1 petition was revoked and it was on 10-Aug-2017. 

1. What is my status for the dates between 10-Aug and 18-Aug? 
2. Am I out of status during that time of 8 days? 
3. If yes, please help me how do I fix that?

6 hours ago, maverick69 said:

It took 3 weeks to get approval for H1 to H4 COS and EAD as well.

That was very quick. Was your case at Vermont? Mine is at Vermonth and its almost 4 months for me for hearing on COS.Any advise how can I follow up or do I have only option to wait.

9 hours ago, NS2017 said:

That was very quick. Was your case at Vermont? Mine is at Vermonth and its almost 4 months for me for hearing on COS.Any advise how can I follow up or do I have only option to wait.

If you have an answer for my question, please provide an answer. Hijacking my post for your questions will deviate this post from my initial question and I will end up in not getting any response for my question. If you really have a question, please create your own post. 

Anyway, my case was processes at California. I have not done anything to speed up this process, I just waited.

15 hours ago, maverick69 said:

If you have an answer for my question, please provide an answer. Hijacking my post for your questions will deviate this post from my initial question and I will end up in not getting any response for my question. If you really have a question, please create your own post. 

Anyway, my case was processes at California. I have not done anything to speed up this process, I just waited.

Sorry about that. Good Luck.

Archived