Visa returned without stamping.

Naarmada

Hi,

This is Narmada. My H1-B is selected in 2017 lottery and the petition is approved.  

My employer is a medium size Indian consultancy. I went for stamping at Hyderabad consulate this  month. Visa officer asked me quiet a few questions and then told me that they want want to verify my employer information and sent my case to administrative processing. VO collected my passport as well. I haven't received any slip from VO (like 221g). 

After  a week, I  received a email from consulate to collect my passport. I collected my passport and it has no stamping. I verified my status in CEAC website and it still shows Administrative processing.

I am not sure what this means. Any thoughts? I highly appreciate any help.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2017 at 5:19 AM, Naarmada said:

Hi,

This is Narmada. My H1-B is selected in 2017 lottery and the petition is approved.  

My employer is a medium size Indian consultancy. I went for stamping at Hyderabad consulate this  month. Visa officer asked me quiet a few questions and then told me that they want want to verify my employer information and sent my case to administrative processing. VO collected my passport as well. I haven't received any slip from VO (like 221g). 

After  a week, I  received a email from consulate to collect my passport. I collected my passport and it has no stamping. I verified my status in CEAC website and it still shows Administrative processing.

I am not sure what this means. Any thoughts? I highly appreciate any help.

Write a mail to the Consulate you went through asking them for a response on why this happened ? Do not assume because you could also have received an approval but someone forgot to stamp the passport. The consulates are not perfect in their operations. Mistakes are made all across so you need to carefully ask (have someone proof read your emails OR have company lawyer do it)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived