Expedite processing on F-1 under Emergency

odion

Hi, 

I am in a sort of quagmire.  I applied for COS from H1-B to F-1 back in December 2016.  This July, they have asked for RFE which I already sent and received their confirmation. However, I am still waiting on their decision but my class is starting soon. Given the delay and the urgency, can I ask for Expedited Criteria based processing under Emergency Situation clause? I am getting into a financially tenuous situation and the classes will start soon. Don't they qualify as emergency situation? 

Thank you

10 hours ago, odion said:

Hi, 

I am in a sort of quagmire.  I applied for COS from H1-B to F-1 back in December 2016.  This July, they have asked for RFE which I already sent and received their confirmation. However, I am still waiting on their decision but my class is starting soon. Given the delay and the urgency, can I ask for Expedited Criteria based processing under Emergency Situation clause? I am getting into a financially tenuous situation and the classes will start soon. Don't they qualify as emergency situation? 

Thank you

That is not an emergency situation. Go out of country and get stamped and come back. That is easy. You can go to Canada.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 10:21 AM, shekar11# said:

That is not an emergency situation. Go out of country and get stamped and come back. That is easy. You can go to Canada.

Shekar11 thank you for the response. But if I move out to Canada, then should I apply for re-entry into the US under what category? Since my COS is under consideration, do I wait till they reach a decision? 

Thanks much.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived