Does my kid need to travel to India for renewing H4 visa stamp?

Shailesh Mittal

Hi there, 

I am traveling to India next month and would drop my documents in drop-box for renewing my H1 visa stamp. My daughter (8 yrs old), who is on H4 visa is not traveling with me (staying in US only), can I still bring her passport and put her application for renewing her H4 stamp as well without her traveling to India at all?

Any help/information here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shailesh.

16 hours ago, Shailesh Mittal said:

Hi there, 

I am traveling to India next month and would drop my documents in drop-box for renewing my H1 visa stamp. My daughter (8 yrs old), who is on H4 visa is not traveling with me (staying in US only), can I still bring her passport and put her application for renewing her H4 stamp as well without her traveling to India at all?

Any help/information here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shailesh.

You cannot do that. Consulate can easily identify that the H-4 candidate is still in US based on her I-94. If they issue a 221G it would be a bigger headache for you.

Technically it is not legal to do that since a passport should be used only with the person it belongs to.

Ok said and done she got the H4 stamping thru drop box. When you are travelling back she also needs to go thru immigration for a new i94 at the Port of entry in the airport . 

She cannot live in the USA without a i94 right. 

Archived