Spouse F1 - OPT Visa Stamping

sid241085

Let me just explain situation: 
Currently i'm on H1-B Visa (EB2 Green Card Process in Active, not filed PERM Labor Yet), my wife is on F-1 Visa, perusing master and she will be graduating this month (Aug, 2017). She already applied for OPT, her OPT will be starting next month and she already have a Job in E-Verify Company. We are planning to go India for stamping, for me is H1-B Stamping and for her is F-1 Stamping. 

Question: 
1. How safe is to travel India for my wife, for F-1 stamping? Since she is already graduated and have OPT status and my green card process is active. 
2. What are the other option we have. 
3. Any advise based on the past experience with similar situation, if you can share that would be great. 

You have great day ahead.

On 8/17/2017 at 6:06 PM, sid241085 said:

Let me just explain situation: 
Currently i'm on H1-B Visa (EB2 Green Card Process in Active, not filed PERM Labor Yet), my wife is on F-1 Visa, perusing master and she will be graduating this month (Aug, 2017). She already applied for OPT, her OPT will be starting next month and she already have a Job in E-Verify Company. We are planning to go India for stamping, for me is H1-B Stamping and for her is F-1 Stamping. 

Question: 
1. How safe is to travel India for my wife, for F-1 stamping? Since she is already graduated and have OPT status and my green card process is active. 
2. What are the other option we have. 
3. Any advise based on the past experience with similar situation, if you can share that would be great. 

You have great day ahead.

1. She can go for F-1 stamping but it is a 50-50 chance as it is very difficult to convince visa officer as she already graduated.

2. She can come back on H-4 but she will lose her OPT status.

3. I was not in similar situation but my wife went for stamping in her last semester and got successfully stamped.

Archived