H1B stamp administrative processing in Tijuana, Mexico

therock122

Hi folks,

I went to my interview to renew my H1B on Monday (same employer and everything). The officer gave me the handbook, didn't ask a lot of question then said my case need a couple more days to be processed and it'd most likely be available Wednesday. Today is Wednesday and I have yet to heard back from them (he said they'd call when my visa is available). Has anyone been in the same situation before? I can't check the status of my application either on the CEAC status check page.

Oh and he did give me a white 221g form with no case number on it.

21 hours ago, therock122 said:

Hi folks,

I went to my interview to renew my H1B on Monday (same employer and everything). The officer gave me the handbook, didn't ask a lot of question then said my case need a couple more days to be processed and it'd most likely be available Wednesday. Today is Wednesday and I have yet to heard back from them (he said they'd call when my visa is available). Has anyone been in the same situation before? I can't check the status of my application either on the CEAC status check page.

Oh and he did give me a white 221g form with no case number on it.

Don't worry. You should get an update by Friday. Just give them an extra day and call them on Friday if you don't get an update.

Thanks so much for your response. I haven't heard back as of this morning apart from a generic email saying they'll call me when it become available so I'm getting more and more worried. Did you have the same experience? How long did it take you to get back your visa? I'm thinking of getting my passport out so I can at least travel around Mexico while waiting but not sure if it'll be worth it.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, hssas said:

Hi, just curious.. Are you a full time employee or a working as a contractor (on EVC or EC model) in the US?

Maybe it has nothing to do with your case, but I was just curious..

Please do keep us updated about your status.

Thanks..

Hello, have you received your passport, with the stamped visa?

Please do let us know.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived