EB2 Porting vs Waiting for EB3 priority Date

netramg

Hi all

I would need your suggestion on the below matter. Appreciate the same.

1. I applied for a EB3 GC INDIA with a priority date of Nov 30, 2006. I did apply for my i-485 in 2007 and was waiting for my priority date to become current.According to the Sep Visa bulletin my EB3 INDIA date might become current in OCT/NOV 2017.

2. Meanwhile i applied for new GC EB2 case with my new employer last year and my PERM was approved on Jun 10 2017. I am in the process of applying I-140 in premium processing and if everything goes well, my I-140 will be applied by end of Aug and approval received by Mid Sep

Confusion :  Since my (1) EB3 Case is very close to becoming current in the next 2 -3 months my confusion is do i wait to apply my EB2 I-140 for next 2 -3 months to see if my EB3 is becoming current or continue with my EB2 I-140

I don't want to end up in a conflict situation that both my EB3 and EB2 I-485 are becoming active at same period.

Let me your suggestion if somebody has gone thru the same experience. Thanks.

If you are paying attorney fee and uscis fee for I 140, I would wait and not waste $$s for this stupid nonsense gc process. You already waited 10 yrs. I am sure you can wait for another 1-2 months.

Regarding conflicts, I do not think uscis officers would be so dumb to not make out the difference between your 10yrs old EB3 and 1 yr old EB2 case.

Congratulations, finally we see some hope for Indian EB3s.

Archived