What did you answer for "Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada?"

Sam3895

I know we can get a appointment date in the next 15days If we answer NO for the question : Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada?

But it would ask you to carry "Legal document for the proof of residence in Canada". Has anyone attended the interview without this document? What did they ask you at the consulate If you answer 'NO' for the above question and book a appointment and do not carry any legal document except the canada visa?

Your response is appreciated. I am looking for dates between Aug 23-28, 2017. I will be driving from Redmond, WA (2-3 hrs drive to Vancouver)

Feel free to approach me.

18 hours ago, Sam3895 said:

I know we can get a appointment date in the next 15days If we answer NO for the question : Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada?

But it would ask you to carry "Legal document for the proof of residence in Canada". Has anyone attended the interview without this document? What did they ask you at the consulate If you answer 'NO' for the above question and book a appointment and do not carry any legal document except the canada visa?

Your response is appreciated. I am looking for dates between Aug 23-28, 2017. I will be driving from Redmond, WA (2-3 hrs drive to Vancouver)

Feel free to approach me.

If you have a legal document you can answer NO or else you need to answer correctly. Don't answer incorrectly just to get visa dates because it might cause you more trouble and delay your visa processing.

I still believe there might be a few out there who selected NO to the question and attended the interview. Desperate to hear from them.

What would be an ideal proof of residence document ? I take a hotel a day before and attend the interview the next day, will the hotel reservation be an Ideal Proof of residence document? Just curious..

16 hours ago, Sam3895 said:

I still believe there might be a few out there who selected NO to the question and attended the interview. Desperate to hear from them.

What would be an ideal proof of residence document ? I take a hotel a day before and attend the interview the next day, will the hotel reservation be an Ideal Proof of residence document? Just curious..

Proof of residence document is something like utility bill, bank statement etc.

Thanks Shekar for the repsonse.

Anyone here who viewed the post and think otherwise, please reply. All thougts/suggestions are welcome.

Finally I decided to Answer YES to the question and booked appointment for Sep 12 2017

It looks like they released new slots this morning and dates for few weeks in Sep are available as of now.

Archived