H1b Stamping Dropbox "clearance Received" Annotation

wahz

Hi Gurus of the forum, As per the Interview Waiver Program for an applicant to be eligible for dropbox, we have to meet a series of conditions, one of them being 

My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”. 

Does the word "prior" mean the most recent visa or any prior visa, 

My Current H1B Visa does not have any annotation but the older F1 does have a "Clearance Received" annotation, Do we read 'prior' to be the most recent visa of H1B or all/any previous visas issued, looking for some insight thank you...

14 hours ago, wahz said:

Hi Gurus of the forum, As per the Interview Waiver Program for an applicant to be eligible for dropbox, we have to meet a series of conditions, one of them being 

My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”. 

Does the word "prior" mean the most recent visa or any prior visa, 

My Current H1B Visa does not have any annotation but the older F1 does have a "Clearance Received" annotation, Do we read 'prior' to be the most recent visa of H1B or all/any previous visas issued, looking for some insight thank you...

It is the most recent visa.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I want to share my experience. My most recent H1B visa stamp did not have clearance received. But one of the older H1B visa stamp have clearance received.  i checked with customer care they were not of much help, they said i can answer the dropbox eligibility question to the best of my knowledge. So I selected prior visa clearance question as "no" and used the dropbox facility and got my stamping extended with no issues through dropbox in 2 days. 

Archived