H1B Extension RFE processing time

imvenkat

Hi, my H1B extension was submitted on 3/7/2017 to the Nebraska service center in Regular processing. I got RFE in June last week, but i was told in  July last week. RFE is going to be answered in couple of days. Status was not updated in USCICS website at all, even now it shows I129 was received, even now it is the same. i am at end of 5th year of H1B and i140 is also pending in regular processing at Nebraska service center. 

Question: can i change it to premium processing while answering to RFE?

How long it takes for approval from the RFE replied date? Is it going to start processing from the beginning..?

22 hours ago, imvenkat said:

Hi, my H1B extension was submitted on 3/7/2017 to the Nebraska service center in Regular processing. I got RFE in June last week, but i was told in  July last week. RFE is going to be answered in couple of days. Status was not updated in USCICS website at all, even now it shows I129 was received, even now it is the same. i am at end of 5th year of H1B and i140 is also pending in regular processing at Nebraska service center. 

Question: can i change it to premium processing while answering to RFE?

How long it takes for approval from the RFE replied date? Is it going to start processing from the beginning..?

Don't worry. Once you submit the RFE you should get an answer in 2 or 3 weeks. Premium after getting an RFE is waste of money.

• 1 month later...

Thank you shekar for your reply. My employer replied to the RFE on Aug 21. I got another RFE on Sep 11 and received RFE physical copy Sep 18, with 2 queries as below.

1. Beneficiary and end client relationship.  (My first RFE also on the same lines employer-employee relationship) My client is ready to provide the client letter, but they will mention with an end date(Oct 30 as my contract ending next month). They are not willing to mention the possible extensions till next year in the letter. Earlier, i have submitted a notarized document from my Senior manager(Full time employee of the client)

2. Wage level LCA requirement. My LCA is taken during Jan/Feb 2017 time with Wage level 1, but i paid well almost Level 2 or 3. RFE document says that your job duties do not correspond to Level1 wage description. 

My current H1B is expired on April 30 and im on Extension receipt.

How to deal with this situation..? How can we reply to USCIS? 

Is it possible to transfer H1B(hope not possible) or file another H1B extension petition with level2 wage with the same employer and different client?

Please suggest me, i see many similar questions (Wage level1 RFE) in the web. But no answers..

My I140 is still pending, applied in Feb 2017.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Archived