Traveling outside when H1B extension is pending

SA.J

My US visa is valid until April 2018 and renewal will be initiated in October 2018 (6 months prior to expiry). However I plans to travel out of United States for a few days in November.

Will this in any way impact the H1-B renewal process that will be underway during such travel abroad. Does travelling outside of United States while H1-B renewal petition is pending, impact such petition in an adverse manner? Is there any issues with respect to the I-94? Currently my I-94 is valid till April 2018.

thanks 

9 hours ago, SA.J said:

My US visa is valid until April 2018 and renewal will be initiated in October 2018 (6 months prior to expiry). However I plans to travel out of United States for a few days in November.

Will this in any way impact the H1-B renewal process that will be underway during such travel abroad. Does travelling outside of United States while H1-B renewal petition is pending, impact such petition in an adverse manner? Is there any issues with respect to the I-94? Currently my I-94 is valid till April 2018.

thanks 

I think you mean October 2017**. Better go to India in November 2017, come back and apply for extension as you will still have more than 4 months left. If you don't get reply by March 15th 2018 apply for premium. In that way you can avoid tension and confusion.

Archived