Revocation Notice Was Sent

nss280

Hi,

I am on H1b visa. It expires in Mid Sep 2017, this was approved in 2014. I have been is USA since Aug 2015. I have my email registered with USCIS and hence I get emails from them if there are any updates on my EACxxxxxx case status. My employer is going to file an extension next week.

Today I eeceived an email from USCIS stating the my petition is revoked!

It says "Revocation Notice Was Sent - On August 3, 2017, we revoked the approval of your case....."

Earlier in March I had got an email from USICS saying "We mailed you a notice indicating our intent to revoke the previous approval decision made on your case." Since my employer had moved to a new address and not updated it with USCIS, the notice did not get delivered and was returned back to USCIS by the post.

My employer updated the address later in June, but they did not get the intent to revoke notice again from USCIS.

Now suddenly today I received this email from USCIS saying "Revocation Notice Was Sent".

My employer seems to be clueless about what should be done.

I am trying to find answers for the below questions based on my current situation:

1. Can I join another employer who is willing to transfer my H1 and continue working in US?
  2. Although my H1 was approved on 2014, I came in in Aug 2015 so can I still use the rest of 4 years on this petition?
  3. Do I need to leave the country now  and if yes then how much time do I have before I need to leave the country?
  4. My employer has not received the revoke notice, so should I wait until they get it? or are they any steps I can take meanwhile to mitigate this issue?
  5. I have another petition that was withdrawn last week, can I request the employer to reinstate that?

Please help.

I am running really short of time. 

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I join another employer who is willing to transfer my H1 and continue working in US?

--- Yes, you can find a new employer to file your H1b. But its critical to know the reasons for revoke. If it was revoked for fraud or misrepresentation, then new employer couldn't file your H1b, you need to come thru cap quota again in the coming year.

1. Although my H1 was approved on 2014, I came in in Aug 2015 so can I still use the rest of 4 years on this petition?

-- Yes, you can depending on revoke reasons as mentioned above.

1. Do I need to leave the country now  and if yes then how much time do I have before I need to leave the country?

--- yes, you are technically out of status as your H1b is revoked.

My employer has not received the revoke notice, so should I wait until they get it? or are they any steps I can take meanwhile to mitigate this issue?

--- Ask your employer and attorney to check with USCIS reg notice.

1. I have another petition that was withdrawn last week, can I request the employer to reinstate that?

--- You may use, but can't comment as the details of that petition and details why withdrawn were not stated.

These are just my thoughts from my expereince, need not be right. Please input more details here, as you move forward with your case.

• 8 months later...

I am in a kind of same situation. Could you let me know what was the reason mentioned in the notice? Did you wait until you receive the USCIS notice? what did you do? Could you advise?

USCIS updated my case details on the website today stating revocation notice was sent. I have to take a decision by tomorrow. It would help if you could reply as earlier as possible,

Archived