Visa stamping after COS from F2 to F1

Sj15

I recently changed my status from F2 to F1 and my program starts in Fall 2017. I have few queries regarding F1 visa stamping:

1. When is the best time to go for stamping (to increase the likelihood of visa approval)? Beginning of program, after a year or towards the end?

2. My husband recently got his H1-B approved. Would this affect my F1 visa stamping?

3. Is visa stamping on passport necessary to start CPT or OPT? Can i start my Cpt or OPT with just the change of status?

Thanking you in advance.

21 hours ago, crazykani said:

Hi @Sj15 , When did you file your COS for F-2 to F-1 and which service center? My wife is a very similar situation and we are getting stressed out as her school start date is August 28th, 2017. 

I had filed in March at California service centre. It took 4months+1week for my case to be approved.

If your wife could talk to her international office. She could start part time and then convert to full time as soon as her visa gets approved.

Good luck!

On 8/3/2017 at 10:27 AM, Kb_1985 said:

Hi ,

My wife is in same situation , will you let me know how much time does it take for COS F2 TO F1 in USA

I had filed in March at California service centre. It took 4months+1week for my case to be approved.

Keep checking the processing times on the USCIS website. That will give you a fair idea on how long it might take for your case to be approved.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hey Sorry to barge in here.

I just received my i20 and ready to apply for change of status from F2 to F1. Could you please let me know the process to do that. How would we know which USCIS center to mail the documents to? Is there an e-filing option available ?

I tried asking in various forums for to know the process but had no luck so far. Should I hire an immigration lawyer to get assistance.

I would really really appreciate any info that I get from you. Please help!!

Archived