Parents B2 visa approved but, brother's rejected!

Sj15

My parents and brother attended the visa interview for tourist visa together. My parents visa was approved while my brother's got rejected. He was given form 214(b) (not enough ties with home country).

My father is sponsoring for the entire trip for all of them. The interview was very straightforward for my parents. They were asked about occupation and which part of US they would be visiting. Same for my brother where does he work and salary. After this, typed for long on the computer and kept my parents passports and returned my brother's along with form 214(b). He works for Accenture and his salary (~30k). It's just 1 year since he graduated and started working.

1. What are the possible causes for visa rejection?

2. When he re-applies what other documents would he need to carry apart from regular ones. 

3. No financial/property documents in his name. Can he carry the same in my father's name? Again stating father is sponsoring for the trip.

4. One of my cousin is graduating. Can he apply for a visa stating attending graduation ceremony. Visa for these are easier to get is what i have seen. Is it risky? Since previous tourist visa (intent to visit sister and travel US) was rejected and now he is applying with a different intent (graduation of a  cousin).

Thanking you in advance for your inputs.

Stuff that his father owns doesn't matter.

I assume he is not married. So, what ties does he have? Pretty much none. A job just for a year, that's nothing.

He can pretty much forget about it until he has a family and has worked for a couple of years.

9 hours ago, Sj15 said:

Ok! That's not good to hear!

But I believe there should be a way! When his intent is just tourism, it shouldn't be that difficult!

Just want to know the better process for it. Any other suggestions?

Well, they want to make sure that he returns to his home country.

Unfortunately, lots of young people decided to stay in the US once they traveled for tourism. Blame the people who violated the rules.

Reapplying without things having changed is unlikely to help much. One thing that may help is to travel to other countries, e.g., in Western Europe. Actions speak louder than words, so being able to demonstrate following the rules is a plus.

In the end, it depends on the officer in the consulate.

Archived