Urgent Please: Name Difference - Need Advice

babloo73

Hello All,

Got the 2nd RFE in mail. Since I was brought up in South India, Part of my name carries my Dad's name in the passport but the birth certificate does not have my dad's name as part of my name. So they are asking for clarifications. Nothing is easy in life I guess. 

RFE reads: "You have applied for adjustment of status under the name of My FirstName My Middle Name My LastName and My Dad's First Name. However, documentary evidence submitted with your Form I-485 reflects your name differently. Only your full legal name may be used in USCIS records. 

A copy of your Indian Passport indicates your name is My FirstName My Middle Name My LastName and My Dad's First Name. A copy of your birth certificate indicates your name is My FirstName My Middle Name My LastName. Please clarify your full legal name including the delineation between first, middle and last names. 

Submit any available evidence of a name change, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, court decree, or other official action."

What should I do? Can anyone suggest what should be done please.

Archived