H1B stamping while amendment pending

h1busybee

Hi , 

I would like to get my H1B Visa Stamped and given my current situation, I am trying to choose the best approach. 

Below is my current situation:

I am working for Employer A

Currently with Client A

I am planning to switch to new Client - Client B in August.

I understand that an H1B Amendment shall be filed when I change client and that amendment might take upto 6 months for approval.

Options

1. Go for Visa Interview at Mexico in the next few weeks, before changing client to Client B.
  2. After changing to Client B,  Go for Visa Interview, at India(assuming H1B Amendment is still in progress and not yet approved) sometime in November(I have plan to go to India in November) and use drop box option( I am eligible for drop box).

Given my situation, which approach would be better and safer.

Thanks !

17 hours ago, h1busybee said:

Hi , 

I would like to get my H1B Visa Stamped and given my current situation, I am trying to choose the best approach. 

Currently with Client A

I understand that an H1B Amendment shall be filed when I change client and that amendment might take upto 6 months for approval.

Options

1. Go for Visa Interview at Mexico in the next few weeks, before changing client to Client B.
  2. After changing to Client B,  Go for Visa Interview, at India(assuming H1B Amendment is still in progress and not yet approved) sometime in November(I have plan to go to India in November) and use drop box option( I am eligible for drop box).

Thanks !

Option 1 is better.

Well in worst scenario if they contact Client A, will your Client A support you saying end date after 4-5 months, good skills and working ?

Amendment is taking 1 year to complete and there is no visibility on PP to be resumed

If your Client A is supporting and not aware of B, go with A 

On 7/11/2017 at 9:24 PM, h1busybee said:

Hi , 

Currently with Client A

Options

Thanks !

Archived