Help in RFE

Hello, 

I have a RFE for my I-485 application. They are asking for secondary evidence for Marriage certificate: 

For this, will it be sufficient to submit the following documents or should i get affidavits from parents from India: 

1. Lease documents 
2. Wife's passport having my name as Spouse 
3. Son's birth certificate having both our names. 
4. 3 years Tax returns having both our names for Married filing jointly. 
5. Medical insurance having both our names. 

Please let me know

Thanks for replying. This is the text from the RFE:

You should submit the oldest available additional evidence that establishes the marriage
between "Primary Applicant" and "Spouse". Please submit as much evidence as
possible. This evidence may include, but is not limited to, copies of the following:
• Documentation showing joint ownership or property;
• A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence;
• Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources;
Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to "Primary Applicant" and "Spouse";
• Two or more affidavits, which should be supported by one or more of the types of
evidence listed above; and
• Any other relevant documentation to establish there is an ongoing marital relationship.

If you submit affidavits, they must comply with the following guidelines:

• Affidavits are written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons other than the
person who filed the benefit request, who were living at the time the event(s) occurred
and have personal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove. The persons
making the affidavits may be relatives and need not be citizens of the United States.
Each affidavit must contain the full name and address of the person making the
affidavit and include his or her own date and place of birth, and relationship to the
person who filed the benefit request, if any, providing full information concerning the
event and complete details concerning how he or she acquired knowledge of the
event. Affidavits should be supported by one or more of the types of evidence listed
above.
• You may submit affidavits in lieu of unavailable supporting documents such as birth,
marriage, divorce, death, and other similar certificates. However, you must first
establish why the usual supporting documents are unavailable or could not be obtained.

Archived