(DUI) F1 renewal help- ARD completed

Meldo

Hello, 

I was charged with a dui in 2015 and was lucky enough to get into the the ARD program of Pennsylvania.  I am still a student and have come back to Chennai for my F1 renewal.  My drop box got a 221g and during the interview the counselor asked if I had been arrested.  I told him yes. And that I was cleared through the ARD program. I showed the completion letter as well.  

He asked me for the arrest record,  court record and the physicians panel.  I have a copy of the officers arrest report and a court document listing my charges from my attorney.  I will also submit my ARD completion letter.  He mentioned this is drop box submittable to avoid another interview.  

Is there anything else I need to give towards getting my F1 renewed as soon as possible.  

PA allows Expungement of everything connected to the DUI and lets you truthfully say NO to convictions. You should spend the money to have your Lawyer expunge everything on record which includes the Arrest record, Fingerprints and all legal documents related to the case. This will help avoid trouble with future employers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 3:08 PM, Piasin said:

Did u mentioned about your arrest on DS-160 form..?

No i did not.  However I mentioned to the counselor that the ARD program stated that completion was to be regarded as the crime never happened and I can respond as such.  The counselor said that some lawyers do not know the immigration laws well.  He did not seem to be overly concerned about that. 

He said he's more interested in the physician panel and wanted my court and arrest records.  These have been provided as of July 7th. It's been 20 days and my case has been last updated on July 7th. 

I cannot seem to get through to the embassy either.  

7 hours ago, Meldo said:

No i did not.  However I mentioned to the counselor that the ARD program stated that completion was to be regarded as the crime never happened and I can respond as such.  The counselor said that some lawyers do not know the immigration laws well.  He did not seem to be overly concerned about that. 

He said he's more interested in the physician panel and wanted my court and arrest records.  These have been provided as of July 7th. It's been 20 days and my case has been last updated on July 7th. 

I cannot seem to get through to the embassy either.  

Ok.. so if you lie in the DS160 form that you were not arrested and when the officer asks were you and you say , yes. That is  like giving false information for getting the visa. This adds up to the problem of lying. Be careful about this in the future. Also, why do they need Arrest records? Certified court records are sufficient , if you did not have the certified ones they may ask for the arrest records, but arrest reports are generally not needed.

Archived