H4 EAD to H1B - Employer Change

freetoz

Hello ~

I am currently on H4 EAD valid till 2020.  Back in March 2017, My Employer(A) was willing to Sponsor H1B for Fiscal year 2017. Because of the uncertainity and speculations of H4 EAD i have agreed for Employer(A) to sponsor and the application got picked in the lottery. The application is still in  processing.  

My contract at the client place is ending in a week and i have started looking for a Job. 

My problem is, i am not really happy with the way my Employer is marketing my Resume, also i am getting more offers if i mention i am on H4 EAD and its valid till 2020 versus if i mention about H1B underway.

My question is, can i work on W2 for a different Employer(B), while i wait for H1 to get approved or till Sep 2017, which ever comes first?

Can you suggest any other option ? 

Thanks in advance.

On 6/29/2017 at 7:15 PM, freetoz said:

Hello ~

I am currently on H4 EAD valid till 2020.  Back in March 2017, My Employer(A) was willing to Sponsor H1B for Fiscal year 2017. Because of the uncertainity and speculations of H4 EAD i have agreed for Employer(A) to sponsor and the application got picked in the lottery. The application is still in  processing.  

My contract at the client place is ending in a week and i have started looking for a Job. 

My problem is, i am not really happy with the way my Employer is marketing my Resume, also i am getting more offers if i mention i am on H4 EAD and its valid till 2020 versus if i mention about H1B underway.

My question is, can i work on W2 for a different Employer(B), while i wait for H1 to get approved or till Sep 2017, which ever comes first?

Can you suggest any other option ? 

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can work on W-2 for a different employer.

Archived