Form I-485 adjustment of status

Mhaann

Hi.

I have received a rejection letter from uscis regarding my adjustment of status Form I-485 (K1visa) because of incorrect fee, the rejection notice says the following,

This is references to the I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjustment of Status, you submitted. Your I-485 fees, and any supporting documention is being returned to you for the following reason(s).

the payment amount is incorrect, or has not been provided. Please review the form Instructions for fee information. Please resubmit the application/petition package with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this page,

Please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees, and include all required supporting documentation.

March 20, 2017 when we file my adjustment of status (Form I-485A), and we got a letter last (April 17,2017) that this is not the right Form, so I send right away the right form which is the Form I-485 adjustment of status last (April 18,2017) but before that I got a 2 letter again, Receipt letter for I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and a Receipt letter for Form I-485 adjustment of status, and I received also a notice letter (April 22,2017) for my Biometric Appointment dated May 10,2017 and I'm done already. 

So I am really confused what's going on with my application, now I recently received a letter that my fee is incorrect or has not been provided which is my husband wrote the exact amount of $1225 address to US Department of Homeland Security and its already cash it out.

Can anyone advise me what I'm going to with my application? And is it okay if I'm going to reprint all my application? And what about the fee should we pay again another $1225?

Appreciation someone's suggestion/guidance on this. Thank you.

I called uscis and the officer guy told me that i don't need to resubmit my form because it's okay already and just wait for my interview, I'm just wondering if it's really okay now because I got the rejection letter ? How impossible is that?

On 06/29/2017 at 4:32 PM, Mhaann said:

I don't have, we can't afford ??

Hmm, there are certain requirements for an 8-485, one being that you have income above the poverty line.

And if you are thinking of paying the fees again, you can afford a consultation with a lawyer.

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Do you want the GC or not?

Running this by a good lawyer is a good investment.

20 hours ago, JoeF said:

Hmm, there are certain requirements for an 8-485, one being that you have income above the poverty line.

And if you are thinking of paying the fees again, you can afford a consultation with a lawyer.

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Do you want the GC or not?

Running this by a good lawyer is a good investment.

Yes of course I want my green card, but I called uscis and the officer told me to wait my schedule for my interview and no need to resubmit my application.☺️ 

Archived