H4 stamping without H1B stamp

Dash_8971

Hi,

We (me and spouse) recently changed our visa status when we were in U.S. Mine from J1 to H1B and spouse's  J2 to H1B. Our H1B and H4 visa are valid for next two years (2019), however, our visa stamps were expired in June 2015 (originally J1 and J2 visa stamp). 

Now my spouse planning to visit India in October/November 2017 and come back in Dec. 2017. I can not visit this time. 

Do primary applicant (H1B) needs to there for visa stamping? Will there be any issue for H4 visa stamp (because H1 visa stamp is not there in my passport)? Please advise. thank you.

22 hours ago, Gunvant said:

Hi,

We (me and spouse) recently changed our visa status when we were in U.S. Mine from J1 to H1B and spouse's  J2 to H1B. Our H1B and H4 visa are valid for next two years (2019), however, our visa stamps were expired in June 2015 (originally J1 and J2 visa stamp). 

Now my spouse planning to visit India in October/November 2017 and come back in Dec. 2017. I can not visit this time. 

Do primary applicant (H1B) needs to there for visa stamping? Will there be any issue for H4 visa stamp (because H1 visa stamp is not there in my passport)? Please advise. thank you.

Not needed. H-4 can go by themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived