RFE: H1B approval pending for education evaluation

I have changed my organization and in the H1 transfer got an RFE on education evaluation. I have a Bachelors of Science degree in Information Technology (BSC IT) which is a 3 years course and have an H1 approved from my previous employer. I have 6 years of total work experience IT field.

Here's the situation: My firm has decided to include my work experience and covering up that missing year gap and for that, I need documents from my previous employer proving relevant work experience.

I worked for my previous employer for almost 3 years and I have resigned and served notice period of 2 weeks and have joined new firm,

The problem is the previous employer is not responding to my emails for my service letters (experience letters) mentioning my role and my service period with the organization, I am little worried on this front as not sure what would happen if they delay this OR worst case they don't provide the required letters.

My question to the team is, what are my best possible option here to make sure I present an equivalent document to support my tenure in my previous company?.

I do have my offer letter (both from India and USA), pay stubs, W2, Form 16 from my previous employer but I guess USCIS is not looking for this in education evaluation (just my guess). Has anyone faced this and have successfully got an approval please guide me on how should I tackle this situation.

Worst case I believe my previous employer will not provide those documents and I am not sure what are the other options I can try out.

• 8 months later...

Archived