All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sri12

Do I have any impact at port of entry with new immigration and travel rules due to past criminal record.

I was arrested with Class A misdemeanor offence with charges of court supervision and penalty. After disposition of court supervision reached, case was dismissed and criminal charge qualified as petty offense. I traveled out of country and attended H1 visa interview. I was asked regarding past arrest record during visa interview and then got H1 visa stamped. While returning to US my H1 visa is cancelled during pre clearance. I was deported saying I'm ineligible for visa and need to apply for waiver by CBP officer who misunderstood my arrest as felony. I didn't carry certificate of disposition and supporting documents to say arrest wasn't felony but petty offense.

After returning back to home country, I spoke to immigration and criminal attorneys. I was told I am eligible for visa and don't require waiver. I again attended visa interview and explained about h1 visa cancellation and incident happened at pre clearance to visa officer and got H1 visa stamped. I didn't have any problem at port of entry second time and carried all the documents.

I need to travel out of country now. I am concerned with new immigration and travel rules. Could you let me know if I have any impact and do I need to carry any additional documents.