Successful visa stamp after case dismissal

Hi

My case was dismissed 2015 for Solicit.Pros. went for Visa interview April this year, got it stamped after a 3-4 week delay.

carried certified court disposition, immi memo letter. VO asked about incident, mentioned in ds160.

was in AP for 3-4 weeks.

At POE was sent to secondary inspection, waited for 2-3 hours. 

Congrats Sam,

-Could you please let me know have you plead guilty and charge  reduced lower offence  or case dismissed after probation?

1. IN Ds160 have you mentioned solicit prostitution arrest details or final conviction details  
  2. what answer you gave in to VO and secondary inspection .
  3. let me know do we need certified police report  or  certified court disposition and immigration memo letter is sufficient?
  4. How to avoid 3-4 week delay have u asked to submit  any addition document?

14 hours ago, please_guilty said:

Congrats Sam,

-Could you please let me know have you plead guilty and charge  reduced lower offence  or case dismissed after probation?

1. IN Ds160 have you mentioned solicit prostitution arrest details or final conviction details  
  2. what answer you gave in to VO and secondary inspection .
  3. let me know do we need certified police report  or  certified court disposition and immigration memo letter is sufficient?
  4. How to avoid 3-4 week delay have u asked to submit  any addition document?

did not plead guilty, did not go court my lawyer took care of everything, case dismissed after class. 

1. only the case details, there was no conviction.

2. told about the issue did not go in detail.. gave court disposition and immi memo letter.

3.Yes court disposition and immi letter

4.no way to avoid delay.

Thanks for your detailed Answer SAM, 

My case scenario is entirely  different and  I was guided wrongly by my immigration and criminal lawyer two years before .I plead guilty for  lower offense (not for soliciting prostitution) and case dismissed after probation.  In court disposition  letter lower offense only specified. 

Not sure what will happens if  i go visa stamping .  

Please let me know when you arrested  finger print taken at the police station.due to this you sent to secondary inspection?

On 6/5/2017 at 7:05 PM, please_guilty said:

My case scenario is entirely  different and  I was guided wrongly by my immigration and criminal lawyer two years before .I plead guilty for  lower offense (not for soliciting prostitution) and case dismissed after probation.  In court disposition  letter lower offense only specified. 

Please let me know when you arrested  finger print taken at the police station.due to this you sent to secondary inspection?

I was FP. what lower offense did u plead guilt to? yes it is because of FP it will get a hit at POE. contact me through email which is listed in my profile.

On 6/5/2017 at 7:12 PM, pagladeewana said:

You waited 2-3 hours? I have a dui charge an traveled a couple of times each time had to wait for 20-25 mins at max.

Did someone attend you earlier or they made you wait for 2 hours?

it was in SF. lot of ppl were in queue. had to wait for my turn.

Thanks for sharing your experience Sam. My case was also dismissed in 2015 and last year I got it expunged. I am planning to go back to India for H1B stamping later this year. Could you please answer following questions:

1. Which country/city consulate did you go for stamping?
  2. Did the Visa officer or officials at POE ask any detailed questions regarding the incident. I do have all the certified documents but I am worried about the conversation becoming an interrogation where I have to defend myself, even though I never plead guilt and my case was dismissed after pre-trial diversion through the prosecutor's office. The court/judge never imposed any conditions/restriction/fine on me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Immigration memo is a letter from your criminal/immigration lawyer.

Disposition letter is the final court sentence.

Clearance certificate is the background check report from local law enforcement authority.

Anyone who has a petty offence/misdemeanor dismissed,  would have to carry the disposition and clearance certificate to avoid any further delays at consulate or POE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/5/2017 at 10:05 PM, please_guilty said:

Hi

I am in the same boat. I reached out to three lawyers and they all told me the same thing that the charges will be reduced to a non-criminal offense such as loitering or something.  I haven't appeared in court yet.  However, I have travel and stamping planned for three days after my court date which I am rescheduling now.

Can you please share your visa stamping story? 

Thank you.

• 1 year later...