All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kbhandu

H1B stamping and DUI

Hi, Everyone.

I am new to this group. I would like to extend my greeting to all member.

My H1b got picked up this year (2017). I had a DUI in 2013. I have filled all fine and did court work. Now I want to go to India in Nov and had to go for stamping. I have two questions:

1. What documents should I carry?

2. What kind of medical screening I have to go through. Should I get an evaluation in USA or India?

Thank you in advance.

On 5/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, Kbhandu said:

Hi, Everyone.

I am new to this group. I would like to extend my greeting to all member.

My H1b got picked up this year (2017). I had a DUI in 2013. I have filled all fine and did court work. Now I want to go to India in Nov and had to go for stamping. I have two questions:

1. What documents should I carry?

2. What kind of medical screening I have to go through. Should I get an evaluation in USA or India?

Thank you in advance.

1. All your work authorization docs and court docs.

2. They will issue you a 221G and ask you to go for a screening in India.

Expect delays in your processing. May be 3 or 4 weeks.

Edited by shekar11#

Hi shekar11#,

Thank you for your reply. would it be also possible for to help me in answering following questions?

1. Any idea, what kind of screening it would be.

2. When embassy gives you 221G, it would contain all the instruction about the next steps that are required to be taken by applicants. what kind of instruction it would be for DUI case.

3. Does this 221G document also provide you information on designated doctors and also automatic appointment slot. just asking to understand how much time it would take to actually take an appointment. based on their availability the time can be more than 4 weeks?

4. is it possible for you to talk to me by phone. I would really appreciate it.

At the end, Thank you for helping me and others. I do really appreciate it.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, Kbhandu said:

Hi shekar11#,

Thank you for your reply. would it be also possible for to help me in answering following questions?

1. Any idea, what kind of screening it would be.

2. When embassy gives you 221G, it would contain all the instruction about the next steps that are required to be taken by applicants. what kind of instruction it would be for DUI case.

3. Does this 221G document also provide you information on designated doctors and also automatic appointment slot. just asking to understand how much time it would take to actually take an appointment. based on their availability the time can be more than 4 weeks?

4. is it possible for you to talk to me by phone. I would really appreciate it.

At the end, Thank you for helping me and others. I do really appreciate it.

They'll have you see (i) a General Physician who will do a regular checkup, (ii) A psychiatrist who will ask you some general behavioral questions and (iii) Have your blood/urine test done. All of this will be done by panel physicians. With some running around, you should be able to do all this in the same day. Try to have your interview appointment early in the day so that when you're referred to panel physician, you have the rest of the day to run around and get it done. A collective report should be available in a couple of days time at which point you can submit it at the VFS Center.

I think the 221g has information about which doctors you can see. You'll have to contact the doctors by yourselves though. When you talk to the doctors, try to push for an earliest appointment. I was able to get all of this done the same day as my visa interview.

Hope this helps.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, Kbhandu said:

Thank you leasonlearned,

It does help. could you also tell me what kind of document I should take with me for an interview. Should I follow any list?

Thank you in advance

I'd suggest carrying all court documents. Police Report, Court Disposition, fine payment receipt, etc. Don't leave anything out. Also, please update on your experience once you're back.

Good Luck!!

All the best with your interview KBhandu.

Can you update this thread with more info after you have been through the process.

On 5/19/2017 at 4:11 PM, leasonlearned said:

They'll have you see (i) a General Physician who will do a regular checkup, (ii) A psychiatrist who will ask you some general behavioral questions and (iii) Have your blood/urine test done. All of this will be done by panel physicians. With some running around, you should be able to do all this in the same day. Try to have your interview appointment early in the day so that when you're referred to panel physician, you have the rest of the day to run around and get it done. A collective report should be available in a couple of days time at which point you can submit it at the VFS Center.

I think the 221g has information about which doctors you can see. You'll have to contact the doctors by yourselves though. When you talk to the doctors, try to push for an earliest appointment. I was able to get all of this done the same day as my visa interview.

Hope this helps.

Hi Leasonlearned,

Which consulate did you go to ?  I am planning to go to the Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico.

Please Advise.

Thanks.

Sad to see why people do not post the result after the interview. 

I will post mine. 

DUI in 2011 Left india 1 week after incident and had filled the form and marked No to arrest question. 

Stamping 1 - Employer A Officer was surprised why I marked No then he realized I submitted the application before the DUI. Sent for Panel in Mumbai to Lilavati Hospital - Asked to submit passport in 5 working days, got visa stamped. 

Stamping 2 - Employer B New employer hence interview in mumbai, officer asked about DUI I reminded him I already did the Panel. He went behind and told me to do the medical again I asked why he said first was not done properly. This time it was done at Rele Clinic and it was actually much intense than the Lilavati one and also included going to a Physo and they took 12 photos from me. 

Stamping 3 - Employer B Same Employer - Dropbox eligible - Marked question as Yes - Wrote medical done - No issues - Stamp received. 

Stamping 4 - Employer C Pending now. Will be dropping off the passport soon and this time its same Dropbox but change in Employer. I will post results when I get. 

I want to start posting this as I see people do not post after interview and leave others hanging in the dark.  I understand how painful the waiting is. DUI is a bad thing, do not drink and drive. It will haunt you for the rest of your Non immigrant life. 

Guys, please share your recent h1b stamping experience. 

I got dui in 2011 and stamped h1b in 2014 with  similar test and waiting as described above.  I am planning to go to India next year around June.

Please share your experience so that everyone is aware of recent procedures.

Edited by h1bwithdui

Please share your experience if anyone else went for interview in 2017 with a past DUI.

Here is my situation - 

• I went for OFC appt on Oct 8th.
  • Went for visa interview on Oct 10th. I had a DWAI in 2013, officer asked what was the reason for impairment. i said alcohol. She gave me a 221g which stated submit court documents. I submitted document the same day.
  • Got email on 18th oct to pick up passport. Due to Diwali, i went to collect on 20th. Got another 221g with passport, asking me to go for medical evaluation. i did the evaluation same day and was asked to pick report next week thursday.
  • On 26th Oct, i picked my report and submitted it along with my passports at the VAC centre.
  • Since then my case is in admin processing, no status update, none. It has been 3 weeks and a day since then.

I am stressed and scared right now. I read many threads saying H1b approved after DUI in 3-4 weeks but a very few mention clear timelines. I don't know what is taking them so long. I directly work for a well known fortune 200 company so employment wise should not be an issue. 

Guys, please share your experience as to if anybody with a DUI got stamped in 2017? I am scared and don't know what to do.

Hi guys.

So i am back with my stamping.

here are the details:

13 Dec- fingerprinting Mumbai.

14 Dec- Interview

VO- can I have your passport and i-797 approval letter. oh oh it seems there is a problem.

Me- I think so.

VO-  You know what is it.

Me- possibly DUI.

Vo- when was it

me- 2013 dec.

Vo- it's not five years yet.

Me- yes, it was 4 year

Vo- again counted the years and gave me 221 g. You need to go for the medical evaluation.

Me- where and whats after that.

VO- all instructions are written on the slip.

Me- Ok. thanks. have a nice day.

Slip says: go for medical examination on any of given clinic and drop off your passport with your medical bill payment slip to any given drop off location within 5 days of examination.

I took an appointment for 15  at docs office and finished my evaluation. they checked my blood and urine and sent me to the psychologist. 

on 22 dec I dropped my passport to Delhi consulate. 

First case update was on 25th dec saying your case is going through administrative processing. the second update was on 5th Jan, saying the same thing and on 9th Jan, the status changed to issued. on 10th I checked passport status and it was ready to pick.

I picked it the same day.

Thanks for sharing your story Kbhandu. question:  what court documents (or related documents) did you take for the visa interview? did they retain the originals while they processed your application? 

Similar situation and going next month. Would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks! 

Edited by Qwerty2135

Sorry I didn't see the message. I took a bunch of docs but they did not ask for any. they just asked for passport and i-797 approval letter.

hello,

i got dui in feb 21, 2015. the case was dismissed in court with not guilty verdict. I got my h1b visa stamped in may 2016 and had to go through panel of physicians. Now my h1b needs to be re stamped I plan to get it on Mar 1, 2019 (4 yrs after dui). do i need to go through panel of physicians again? i read that after 4 years, you do not need to do panel of physicians but it was not a credible source. can you advise?

thanks

Edited by curiousjigs

I am in same boat. I got my H1b issued in Nov 2015. My dui case was in april 2010 in Mumbai. During my visa interview same happened medical, psyco etc. 

now I am traveling to India in Feb 2019 for 3 weeks. And need a visa restamping to enter US. I wrote closed case of dui in that section.

I will post the results.

Thanks all for sharing information.

On 1/19/2019 at 7:15 PM, Lucky1938 said:

I am in same boat. I got my H1b issued in Nov 2015. My dui case was in april 2010 in Mumbai. During my visa interview same happened medical, psyco etc. 

now I am traveling to India in Feb 2019 for 3 weeks. And need a visa restamping to enter US. I wrote closed case of dui in that section.

I will post the results.

Thanks all for sharing information.

I was in the same boat for second stamping after DUI. Please read my experience in the below post. I think i got lucky this time. Go with an assumption that you will be sent to Evaluation

Hello Everyone Here.

I have question regarding H1B petition itself with a DUI. I’m on ARD currently which will end in September this year and subsequently charges will be dismissed. My Manager knows about all of this and agreed to file a H1B petition for me. My question is if I get picked in lottery, will there be an RFE regarding my arrest? I know it will obviously cause some trouble during stamping if I get approved, but that is not my concern right now. Since all of you have gone through that first step of getting approved by USCIS, can any one please share their experience with USCIS?

Thanks for your input.